Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol throws me off page

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!

Alcohol throws me off

Primal Fuel
    Week of lots of family visiting turned into consecutive nights of a few drinks (literally no more than 2). But now here I am yesterday and today just craving foods---chocolate, ice cream, chips. I blame the alcohol. I do not have PMS. I def. overate today and likely yesterday too. I just made scrambled eggs at 10pm because I would have eaten too many potato chips otherwise. Ahhh....I need to just NOT have a drink. I did that for 2years and it does make a difference.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    I find the same, it certainly lowers my inhibitions when it comes to food and makes it more likely for me to eat something bad or overeat.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Same here!

Paleobird Guest
    Yep, me too. It makes bad choices in food seem perfectly reasonable at the time and even 24 hours later I'm getting stupid cravings out of the blue (I don't usually have cravings).

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Yep. My one diet inconsistency is too much alcohol. Always red wine. Occasionally leads to overeating, usually of primal food, luckily, but still...... It is likely the only thing that keeps me from losing those last 5 pounds. But honestly, there are times I think I drink too much and times when I know i dont drink enough.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    it whacks out your glucose and wreaks all sorts of havoc the next day.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I drink mostly clear spirits (silver tequila and vodka primarily). It does make me make bad choices while drinking. Where I would normally eat goat cheese off a fork, I suddenly need to spread it on something, and that something is rarely a vegetable or meat. I don't get the cravings the next day though.

yes I get the cravings the next day or TWO...such a problem. Hoping to be back on track today!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Not only do I make stupid choices when I've had too much to drink, but I also have no tolerance for booze anymore. I was never someone who could pound back a lot of drinks, but since going primal, more than one glass of wine and I start to get wobbly. I find myself playing designated driver a lot these days.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm usually fine being DD actually. And I try not to have anything for the two weeks after I ovulate---no, not trying to get prego, just trying to not screw up my hormones any more!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast