Thread: Stomach Ache page

Darz is offline Senior Member

Stomach Ache

The typical advice for someone who has had stomach ache and diarrhoea is a low fat, easy to digest foods diet - is it bad to go very low for a day or two and what are some foods you can list for someone in that position who needs almost 3000 calories.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    No, no. This is the exception to the usual. When you read "3000 calories a day" over and over, it sort of gets you into a trance. But, relax. You don't have to eat every day. Especially if your stomach is upset. Even two to three days of straight-up water-only fasting will have very little impact on your health. If the tummy is tired, give it a rest. That is usually the best approach.

Depending on what is actually wrong with your stomach, different foods may or may not be recommendable.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Darz is offline Senior Member
    Well the 3000 calories was because if I eat less than that I will tend to lose weight and I'm trying to gain cause I'm bit underweight - but I can see that fasting for a day won't affect body composition in general.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Diarrhea (and vomiting, when that's the case) are your body's way of saying "Get this shit the hell out of me!" Don't argue with it.

I had some pretty serious intestinal issues almost a year ago and did really well with a little rice in a bowl of beef broth. It seemed to be fairly easy on the system.

You don't need to eat a lot until your stomach calms down, but I would make sure you are replacing your fluids and the electrolytes you might be losing. Maybe try a little coconut water or one of the home made recipes you'll find on the internet. I'd say Gatorade, but it's not anywhere close to Primal, and the colors tend to cause more stomach issues anyway.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    On that note, yes, I'd also advocate electrolyte care. Coconut water and bone broth, etc.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html