Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primal advice for getting a tattoo needed! page 3

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I wonder if there are tattoo places that specialize in organic pigments. The next niche market.
    There are pigments on the market that claim to be either organic or hypoallergenic. The problem is that formulations are a closely guarded secret so you never know exactly what you're getting, although there seems to be some improvement in that area. If a particular shop doesn't use the ink you want you should be able to have it stocked for you, which of course you'd have to pay for but I wouldn't think that much more. If the shop refused to work with you then that's a shop to avoid.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I know there are places that do traditional Polynesian tattoos (using bones as needles and tapping, IIRC), but I don't know of any other types or going further back, and I haven't heard anything about the inks people use. It just never occurred to me until now that you could have a choice.
    Yes there are, but you have to look for them. A friend of mine had a full back piece done in Korea using bamboo. This is another friend of mine getting traditional work done in Hawaii. His chest and stomach are covered as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123