Thread: Low Fat Craze is Alive and Well page

Mac
    Mac is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Just flipping through channels right now. The Doctors and Dr.Oz both spouting on about low fat this, fat free that, more whole grains, etc. The Doctors are right now demonizing saturated fat how it raises cholesterol and will give you heart disease. I just about spit out a mouthful of water as they said how great quinoa is...low in carbs and high in protein. Um...39g of carbs and 8g of protein in a cup is not exactly low carb/high protein where I come from. Where are the guys like Dr. Eades and Mr. Sisson on TV giving decent nutrition and lifestyle guidance instead of these hacks? I guess they need to get on Oprah?

maba is offline Senior Member

This makes me sad. Just earlier today, this thread made me very happy:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ar-on-Fat-quot

Daemonized is offline Senior Member

Hey, what a minute. I'm daemonized and I eat saturated fat. What's wrong with being demonized anyway? lol

LittleNappingLion is offline Senior Member

lol daemonized.

I work at a gym so you can just imagine how the "nutrition" guy views my bacon/coconut oil covered lunches. He's absolutely baffled by me, has voiced concern regarding my "unsubstantiated diet" and scoffs whenever I've mentioned that there are NO studies linking saturated fat to heart disease etc etc etc. Yup, but then he lists Splenda as an acceptable flavoring on his recommended food list...sicko! haha