Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Co-workers Turn Down Fruit page 6

HazelPrimalNut is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    This thread reminds me of an episode of South Park - you know the Smug episode where they smell their own farts? A sense of superiority about it all.

It's not up to you to make your co-workers healthy or primal or anything. Maybe they're happy eating donuts and cookies? Why do you care?

lissee is offline Senior Member
    A few months back I had the most delicious cantaloupe that I'd had in a couple years. Granted I don't eat cantaloupe very often, but I was out with friends and it was on one of the appetizer plates as a garnish fruit thing. Funny thing is, as I was eating it, I was amazed at how the flavor receptors on my tongue were going crazy. It was sweet, crisp, slightly crunchy, and oh so delicious.

Then I sat back and took a look at the cantaloupe and realized that it looked slightly under-ripe, and that in my former days, I would have thought it was bland, tasteless, cardboard with a little crunch. None of my friends tried any.

Our taste buds change. I think that our ability to taste and savor the delicate nuances of a raspberry, or orange, or apple, or whatever is extremely accentuated by a Primal type diet, and severely curtailed by a SAD diet.

So yeah, I'm not too surprised that your coworkers passed up your delicious strawberries. In my past I've done the same thing. Looked at fruit, sized it up to see if it would be bland, tasteless, cardboard, or if it was going to be overly ripe and sweet. Your coworkers probably looked at the fruit, and decided to go for that cookie instead.

TheArcaneOne is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HazelPrimalNut View Post
    This thread reminds me of an episode of South Park - you know the Smug episode where they smell their own farts? A sense of superiority about it all.

It's not up to you to make your co-workers healthy or primal or anything. Maybe they're happy eating donuts and cookies? Why do you care?
    My intentions were never to come across smug. I'm sure my co-workers are very happy eating donuts and cookies. If they'd rather have cookies over fruit, good for them. I was just commenting because it seems strange to me, having been eating primal for so long, that people would pass up free fruit.

I know what you mean lissee. My tastes have changed a lot since switching to Primal. I notice a lot that I'm more sensitive to and aware of the sugar in things. A lot of things I used to eat all the time are way to sugary for me now.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheArcaneOne View Post
    My intentions were never to come across smug. I'm sure my co-workers are very happy eating donuts and cookies. If they'd rather have cookies over fruit, good for them. I was just commenting because it seems strange to me, having been eating primal for so long, that people would pass up free fruit.
    I probably would too, but then I'm not much of a fruit eater anyway~ never was. But I'd pass up the cookies/donuts too. On another thought, ever have a strawberry seed or two stuck between your teeth and not have any floss?

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    There are some good stories in here.

I agree it's nothing to stress over about the pancake batter in scrambled eggs. I would have been shocked though. The thought never occurred to me that anyone would do that to eggs.

Guacamole without avocado is hardly guacamole. CW people should at least use something like a Slimcado, at least it's still an avocado. Not for me though. Give me a good ol' fashioned high fat avocado any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    Slimcado Yuck~ bought one of those once~ they're so nasty! I threw it in the garbage.
    The supermarket I frequent recently started carrying Slimcado's next to the normal avocado's. Not their best decision in my opinion.
    Oh wow. I just bought a whole bunch of avocados the other day, and they had slimcados right next to them. I almost got one to see what the difference was, but Nady, after your link I think I will totally stick with my normal ones.

Why would they mess with something that is already perfect?
    Journal

Starting: 207lbs | Current: 176lbs | Mini-goal: 172lbs | Ultimate Goal: 130lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    I probably would too, but then I'm not much of a fruit eater anyway~ never was. But I'd pass up the cookies/donuts too. On another thought, ever have a strawberry seed or two stuck between your teeth and not have any floss?
    Seeds stuck between your teeth is the worst, lol. It drives me crazy until I can get them out.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    Oh wow. I just bought a whole bunch of avocados the other day, and they had slimcados right next to them. I almost got one to see what the difference was, but Nady, after your link I think I will totally stick with my normal ones.

Why would they mess with something that is already perfect?
    There is nothing inherently wrong with Slimcado's. They are just a different variety of avocado's that happen to have less fat in them per gram. I'm sure some people like them, I am just not one of them.

mmack66 is offline Member
    "I figured, if beans can make brownies, there has to be a way to make lower fat guacamole, right?"

Beans made into brownies? That sounds worse.

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mmack66 View Post
    "I figured, if beans can make brownies, there has to be a way to make lower fat guacamole, right?"

Beans made into brownies? That sounds worse.
    Black Bean Brownies Recipe - Allrecipes.com

My mom used to make these or similar recipies...they were...interesting...
    Journal

Starting: 207lbs | Current: 176lbs | Mini-goal: 172lbs | Ultimate Goal: 130lbs

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    At my work I think it's against the law not to bring strawberries when it's the weekly breakfast meeting or the monthly birthday meeting. If you want people to eat your strawberries, put a can of whipped cream next to them.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast