Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Co-workers Turn Down Fruit page 5

otzi Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Prepare to be horrified.
    I recently attended a conference in Denver. Most of the attendees were Mental Health-Care Providers (Psychiatrists). Every morning, huge piles of bagels were brought in along with fresh fruit plates. Amazingly, only a few people ate the bagels--everyone else ate fruit. The bagel-eaters could be spotted a mile away by their size.

One day we went to Village Inn for breakfast. I ordered scrambled eggs and bacon. The eggs were fluffy and delicious. After I'd eaten them, someone made the comment that the eggs were so good because they mix them with pancake batter. I asked the waitress and she proudly said their secret to good eggs is to mix them with a big splash of pancake batter! Wonderful!

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    I used to work for a company that supplied healthy breakfast every day as a perk. Coffee and chocolate danishes and muffins and other pastries... healthy? There was no fruit, no eggs no bacon, only healthy food.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I recently attended a conference in Denver. Most of the attendees were Mental Health-Care Providers (Psychiatrists). Every morning, huge piles of bagels were brought in along with fresh fruit plates. Amazingly, only a few people ate the bagels--everyone else ate fruit. The bagel-eaters could be spotted a mile away by their size.

One day we went to Village Inn for breakfast. I ordered scrambled eggs and bacon. The eggs were fluffy and delicious. After I'd eaten them, someone made the comment that the eggs were so good because they mix them with pancake batter. I asked the waitress and she proudly said their secret to good eggs is to mix them with a big splash of pancake batter! Wonderful!
    Frustrating I agree, but I wouldn't stress over a touch of pancake batter. However, it is irresponsible due to celiac disease. They really should make a note.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    When we lived in Phoenix it was so neat to have grapefruit and orange trees loaded down.. I'd juice them and freeze in ice cube trays then use in tea, smoothies, chicken, etc. I've been on a lime kick now for months, love it (especially in sippin' tequila).

TheArcaneOne is offline Junior Member
    There are some good stories in here.

I agree it's nothing to stress over about the pancake batter in scrambled eggs. I would have been shocked though. The thought never occurred to me that anyone would do that to eggs.

Guacamole without avocado is hardly guacamole. CW people should at least use something like a Slimcado, at least it's still an avocado. Not for me though. Give me a good ol' fashioned high fat avocado any day.

IHOP also puts pancake batter in their eggs, just an FYI.
    Liz in Cleveland

Started Primal 7/17/12
    5'9"
    SW: 227.2
    CW: 213.6
    GW: 175

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    I have two fruit trees, one oranges the other lemons. The lemon produces all the time, the orange a single yearly crop around the 1st of the year. I guess they are organic, I don't spray them and the only fertilizer is from the dogs. Yet I also cannot give them away. Friends, neighbors, co-workers won't take them. The oranges are to die for, a ripe one, covered in oil, tastes nothing like the crap in the market. I'll limit myself to 1 a day during the season next year but probably most will be wasted. What a shame.

Tercio

Is there a food share program in your area? Some foodbanks will also come and harvest the food for you and then at least it is not wasted. I am trying to get my inlaws interested in this with their cherry trees.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

merryish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    First of all how are the strawberries left for people to have. What about all of us skittish, OCD, Niles Cranish phobia handling food people. Some of us maybe apprehensive about where are those strawberries from-who was handling them or worse yet who was coughing over them.

Why would the strawberries be germier than the cookies? Where I work, none of the junk food comes individually wrapped.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheArcaneOne View Post

Guacamole without avocado is hardly guacamole. CW people should at least use something like a Slimcado, at least it's still an avocado. Not for me though. Give me a good ol' fashioned high fat avocado any day.
    Slimcado Yuck~ bought one of those once~ they're so nasty! I threw it in the garbage.

TheArcaneOne is offline Junior Member
    The supermarket I frequent recently started carrying Slimcado's next to the normal avocado's. Not their best decision in my opinion.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast