Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Co-workers Turn Down Fruit page 4

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Not for nothing, but lol, a lot of people here are pretty damn afraid of fruit and would avoid the strawberries too. Poor fruit.

My boss put out a bowl of dried fruit.... it has sat and sat. I'm sure it is rock like by now.

Nothing gets eaten at our office, even baked goods. I used to bring stuff in and when my cookies or banana bread was still there at the end of the week, I felt hurt. (OMG, too much fat). I started sending stuff in with husband- it would be gone by 9. People would send me requests.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    And non-avocado guac is just sad.

AyaPapaya is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheArcaneOne View Post
    Anyone else have a similar story where they tried to share a healthy snack and no one wanted it?
    A couple weeks ago I made a HUGE fruit salad (with a whole watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, and more) because I thought it would be the perfect thing to share at work with how HOT it's been. I brought in bowls, forks, napkins...I don't know how I could have made it any easier for people to eat.

I think two (out of 50) people had some. I was dumbfounded.

A "normal" share snack that people would bring in is 3 or 4 dozen donuts or cookies, which are always demolished before noon.
    "Imagine all the people, living life in peace..."

"Nothing will work unless you do."

wendyland is offline Senior Member
    Fruit is eaten pretty quickly at my work, surprisingly since we're a bunch of coders. Strawberries have been my favorite food since I was a kid. Over cake or reeses or anything else. Years ago, I left a good size box in the fridge at work for my afternoon snack. when I looked for them, they were gone. I walked all over our floor for evidence. I really wanted to catch that strawberry bandit red handed. Never found out.

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Have you made it clear somehow that it's for sharing? If not they're probably trying to be polite and not touching it.

merryish is offline Senior Member
    I see strawberries as very expensive and precious. leaving them in the common food area, I will eat them, but only a couple because I want the 'owner' or 'donor' to have some.
    When I drop off part of a carton of strawberries in our common snack area, it's because I'm so stuffed with the strawberries I've already eaten, I can't breathe. You should think of it as a cry for help!

cookiemonster is offline Member
    First of all how are the strawberries left for people to have. What about all of us skittish, OCD, Niles Cranish phobia handling food people. Some of us maybe apprehensive about where are those strawberries from-who was handling them or worse yet who was coughing over them.
    Second we all love sugar crack i.e. cookies, cakes, brownies, chocolate, etc. Unless you are at a primal convention or something I would bet a plate full of cookies will always go faster than a bowl full of strawberries hands down. I love fruit but sugar crack is addictive -hell that is why most of us are on here is to get rid of of our sweet addiction as best we can as you know once an addict-always an addict still in a way. "Must choose healthy-fiberous, vitamin laden strawberry over delicious sweet, yummy chocolaty sugary delicious moist soft cookie -must resist must enjoy something healthy and approved by Mark, must resist must!!!!!!!
    Peace

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    There was the place where I volunteered, that had an old apple tree bearing lovely eaters in its garden. Lots of them were left on the kitchen counter, free to take home. I took... then I took some more... I think I was the only one. The tree was cut down in case they wanted the open space for something.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Prepare to be horrified.

Mmm nom nom. I think the lack of B12 and complete protein severely hampers some people's ability to think. I can't make this stuff up. I mean why eat rich, creamy guacamole when we can eat bland, chunky "edamole"? Keep reading. If you hide it between layers of tortilla and beans you won't even notice it isn't the real thing! They sold me. Off to Whole Foods I go to buy hairy, breast-enhancing soybeans.
    Jesus, this one takes the cake (and some nasty ass marble fudge "ice milk" sitting next to the cake in the breakroom).

Seriously? Omitting a great healthy fruit for soy beans. Fuck me.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    LOL, u guys

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast