Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Co-workers Turn Down Fruit page 2

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I work in a supermarket, and one of the perks is that we're allowed to eat all the fruit/veggies we want to.
    The other day I took a big box of blueberries when I was on break, and there were plenty left. I told my coworker who was going on break just after me that they were there and he could eat them. He said 'Blueberries? Don't think I've ever tried those...'

They were still out there uneaten when I went home...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghshl View Post
    I work in a supermarket, and one of the perks is that we're allowed to eat all the fruit/veggies we want to.
    The other day I took a big box of blueberries when I was on break, and there were plenty left. I told my coworker who was going on break just after me that they were there and he could eat them. He said 'Blueberries? Don't think I've ever tried those...'

They were still out there uneaten when I went home...
    Woah! I've never heard of anyone who hasn't eaten a blueberry before.

They also put fake blueberries in stuff, like some packets of oatmeal. I wonder how many people think they're eating real blueberries with that stuff?

OnlyBodyWeight is offline Senior Member
    I thought this was going to be a thread about hardcore Paleo coworkers who refuse to eat fruit b/c of the fructose sugar spike.

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Prepare to be horrified.

Mmm nom nom. I think the lack of B12 and complete protein severely hampers some people's ability to think. I can't make this stuff up. I mean why eat rich, creamy guacamole when we can eat bland, chunky "edamole"? Keep reading. If you hide it between layers of tortilla and beans you won't even notice it isn't the real thing! They sold me. Off to Whole Foods I go to buy hairy, breast-enhancing soybeans.
    Oh my god, I think I threw up a little...It was the picture. My guacamole sure as hell better not be lumpy like that! And it better be made by me WITH avocados!!!!!

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    I have two fruit trees, one oranges the other lemons. The lemon produces all the time, the orange a single yearly crop around the 1st of the year. I guess they are organic, I don't spray them and the only fertilizer is from the dogs. Yet I also cannot give them away. Friends, neighbors, co-workers won't take them. The oranges are to die for, a ripe one, covered in oil, tastes nothing like the crap in the market. I'll limit myself to 1 a day during the season next year but probably most will be wasted. What a shame.

Tercio

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I would not limit oranges in season.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I would not limit oranges in season.
    I'm sure it's too much sugar. They are so sweet. Before primal I would juice 4 for breakfast each day and still not keep up. They stay good on the tree into March, but there are hundreds.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    I work in a buffet, and workers are technically not supposed to take food off it... but all day I hear conversations like this: "I'm starving!" "Just go steal a roll"...or "I'm tired!" "Have some Mountain Dew!"... I walk around with a ziploc of almonds or walnuts or pistachios, sometimes bring a thermos of green tea... yet everyone calls me weird. One day I had dark chocolate and almonds, offered some (which I thought was really generous of me considering I only had the one square) and the reaction I got: "Ew, why would you eat dark chocolate? Milk chocolate is so much better."

RobinNM is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Prepare to be horrified.

Mmm nom nom. I think the lack of B12 and complete protein severely hampers some people's ability to think. I can't make this stuff up. I mean why eat rich, creamy guacamole when we can eat bland, chunky "edamole"? Keep reading. If you hide it between layers of tortilla and beans you won't even notice it isn't the real thing! They sold me. Off to Whole Foods I go to buy hairy, breast-enhancing soybeans.
    Oh. Dear. God. I live in New Mexico. This is an abomination. I love where she says "this edamole doesn't taste the same as guacamole and the texture is a little bit different..." Ya think?!?!? I wonder if the author of this will get pissed if I share this on Facebook with the sole intention of pointing and laughing.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh, if you juice them - I get it. Too much sugar at once. I was just thinking two or three a day for three to four months, eaten whole. Arbitrary numbers that just decided to settle in and roost there in my mind. But I wouldn't juice them. We all choose different ways!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast