Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Human Ancestors Were Nearly All Vegetarians page 3

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This guys brain as well as his colon is full of shit. I guess he means to say that 200,000 years of homo sapiens eating as an omnivore was totally wrong? I would wager this is another vegetarian/vegan activist with way too much time on his hands. Pass the ribs please.

His argument is bullcrap. Chimpanzees and gorillas and monkeys are not our ancestors, they share a common ancestor with us. For a "scientist" to make a statement like that is just an amazing sign of his lack of understanding. He and John McDougall should open up their own revisionist teaching university and 30bananaboy can run their Phys ed department.

"The resolution does not come from new discoveries by archaeologists. It comes from context. When we talk about “paleo” diets, we arbitrarily tend to start with one set of ancestors, our most recent ones. I want to eat like Homo erectus or a Neanderthal or a stone age human, my neighbors testify. But why do we choose these particular ancestors as starting points? They do seem tough and admirable in a really strong five o’ clock shadow sort of way. But if we want to return to the diet our guts and bodies evolved to deal with, we should not be looking at our most recent ancestors. Instead, we need to understand the diet of our ancestors during the time when the main features of our guts, and their magical abilities to turn food into life, evolved. We need, in other words, to look at apes, monkeys and other non-human primates."
    Last edited by Moochy; 07-23-2012 at 06:31 PM.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    Well, most of us stopped being apes~ I've known a knuckle-dragger or two over the years
    (...raises knuckled hand...) Am an ex-dragger, as I've more recently become proud of my ape-like geneology.

Btw, I went to university w/ a guy who sported a serious Neanderthal type forehead & a strong facial make-up. He was my buddy & he was tough, strong, & funny as hell.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    (...raises knuckled hand...) Am an ex-dragger, as I've more recently become proud of my ape-like geneology.

Btw, I went to university w/ a guy who sported a serious Neanderthal type forehead & a strong facial make-up. He was my buddy & he was tough, strong, & funny as hell.
    You went to Uni with Ron Pearlman?
    But you look so much younger...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    You went to Uni with Ron Pearlman?
    But you look so much younger...
    It was Ron's son & actually there were two of them. My buddy had a younger brother sporting the same cool caveman forehead. Drove the ladies gaga...

Btw, I like those cavemen commercials on tv, still to me, they are funny after all these years. But I'm easily amused. And I just turned 47 y.o. on Saturday, that age where I'm not "old" yet, but I ain't young anymore either. Other than grey hairs creeping in, I seem to be holding up ok.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123