Thread: Scotch egg, attempting runny yolks page

kitoi is offline Senior Member

Scotch egg, attempting runny yolks

Primal Fuel

The recipe calls for a soft boiled (3min) but I couldn't get it out of the shell without destroying egg. So I poached it for 3min then plunged it into an ice bath to stop cooking. Used ground pork instead of sausage. Placed 1/2lb pork in food processor with 1/4c water and 1/2tsp salt and seasonings of choice. Puree till smooth and pasty. Divide pork mixture in 2 and place each on plastic wrap and spread to a 1/4thickness. Place egg in center , then gather up plastic and form ball around egg. Twist to make tight and place in refridge for pork to set.

Preheat oven to 400f and heat lard in deep fryer or pan, when hot place pork/egg in oil for 3 min. Remove and drain. Place on wire rack over pan place in oven for 7min, then broil on high for 3. Let cool cool and enjoy.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Gosh that looks good.

What seasonings did you use? I don't know what spices go well with pork.

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    Kept it simple, salt pepper and a bit of sage. Loved the contrast of textures, crunchy exterior and soft creamy center.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    That looks absolutely beautiful and delicious!

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    oh, we loves us some scotch eggs here. i need to make some again! they don't last long.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway