Thread: What kind of carbs for 5k prep? page

btownshreds is offline Senior Member

What kind of carbs for 5k prep?

Primal Fuel
    I really enjoy doing 30 to 45 min of cardio because I suffer from anxiety so the endorphin aspect helps a lot.

My main question is since I run a lot and bike a lot of miles, which particular types of carbs should I have? I looked in the start here or any articles to find where there are any articles and I couldn't find any.

Help?
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    You don't need any carbs in particular for a 5k, first of all. Secondly, just follow what's in the book. There is plenty of sweet potato, squash, etc., to eat as well as delicious fruits in season now. It sounds like you should buy the book!
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

btownshreds is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    You don't need any carbs in particular for a 5k, first of all. Secondly, just follow what's in the book. There is plenty of sweet potato, squash, etc., to eat as well as delicious fruits in season now. It sounds like you should buy the book!
    I actually have the book! Haha. I guess I haven't got that far.
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've just started running about a month ago with the aim of doing a 10 mile run in a couple of months, I've done just over 4 miles in 42 mins, no extra carbs, no breakfast, so at least 10 hours fasted.
    I seem to be ok just eating meat, veggies, some fruit and fat, oh and coffee, mustn't forget the coffee. You may or may not be, depending on how long you have been eating this way. Experiment on your self.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................