Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't Mark or the mods upgrade MDA's TV spam filters? page

Betorq is offline Senior Member

Can't Mark or the mods upgrade MDA's TV spam filters?

Primal Fuel
    It's seriously annoying. I know I'm not the only person turned off by these ever-increasing "Watch TV blah blah" spammers. There are spam blocker widgets & upgrades. With all the traffic, & money MDA makes off supplements & the books, surely a teeny amount can be allocated to blocking these fockers...

Any thoughts or solutions from the more tech/blog savvy people out there?
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

wac
    wac is offline Junior Member
    They are an extreme annoyance whilst browsing through new posts and are getting more frequent. Does the board currently have mods or are we just assuming they exist? Sadly I think a captcha would be required as giving senior members on a forum such as this would lead to lots of contentious deletion decisions. We should encourage free speech (research for and against) but be able to stop/remove spam.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    There are mods, but there is very little rhyme or reason to what moves them to action.

You get what you pay for.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    They implemented capchas a while back and everyone hated them, and spammers still got through because not all this stuff is done by bots.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Mark is angry with blatant references to cheats on this board and this is his response. For every OMG I ate a cookie, a spambot posts. We all need to think of each other before we eat a cake and declare it on here. Please people!

cantare is offline Senior Member
    I'd suggest either (A) a community rating system that hides threads (or posts) after a threshold number of downvotes is accrued, or (B) allowing members with sufficient seniority and inclination to quarantine threads in some separate yet still-visible area (maybe you require at least 2 or 3 people to concur). There's always the potential for abuse, but the difference between spamming and heated disagreement is pretty clear. Any inappropriately quarantined threads would still be accessible, and if it were known going in that a pattern of malicious hiding = permaban, I doubt that well-established members would risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by cantare View Post
    I'd suggest either (A) a community rating system that hides threads (or posts) after a threshold number of downvotes is accrued, or (B) allowing members with sufficient seniority and inclination to quarantine threads in some separate yet still-visible area (maybe you require at least 2 or 3 people to concur). There's always the potential for abuse, but the difference between spamming and heated disagreement is pretty clear. Any inappropriately quarantined threads would still be accessible, and if it were known going in that a pattern of malicious hiding = permaban, I doubt that well-established members would risk it.
    I think you are overly optimistic.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katemary View Post
    Mark is angry with blatant references to cheats on this board and this is his response. For every OMG I ate a cookie, a spambot posts. We all need to think of each other before we eat a cake and declare it on here. Please people!
    Is this "official" from Mark? Are you a mod or otherwise in touch w/ Mark or other mods? Eating primal cake or even crap birthday cake once a year ought not be avoided in open, honest discussion. This is a free forum that we all benefit from, yes.

But mention of eating a crap cookie or 2 ought not justify allowing these spamish fockers going on & on, ...as what some form of punishment. I don't understand the equivalency. Please enlighten me.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Is this "official" from Mark? Are you a mod or otherwise in touch w/ Mark or other mods? Eating primal cake or even crap birthday cake once a year ought not be avoided in open, honest discussion. This is a free forum that we all benefit from, yes.

But mention of eating a crap cookie or 2 ought not justify allowing these spamish fockers going on & on, ...as what some form of punishment. I don't understand the equivalency. Please enlighten me.
    Oh no! Seriously?

It was a joke !!

I need to use more emoticons!

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post

Really?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast