Thread: Almond milk... got a question. page

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Ok, can somebody help me out with this? What is the nutritional breakdown on HOME-MADE almond milk?

Is it pretty much the same as the plain, unsweetened kind at the store, even though they add stuff to that?

It's not quite the same as eating actual almonds, since you strain out all the pulp. I can't seem to find any nutrition information anywhere online. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

It all depends on what you put in it and, I guess, what you are taking out of it. Check out www.recipezaar.com and do a search for almond milk. There are a few recipes that have dates added for sweetness, adding to the carbs and calories. I guess the only way of really knowing what you're getting is to measure the nutritional value of everything going into it and drinking it, pulp and all. Mmmmm, chewy.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Mine's just plain old almonds and water... but it's kinda hard to know what nutrition goes in the milk and what stays in the pulp.

Dream Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I havent made almond milk in a while but I remember only using blanched almonds. So, the question would then be (assuming you didn't add anything else) what is found in the white of almonds and what nutrients are in the brown casing?