Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are some good shows to watch? page 2

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah! A bit ahead of its time with the characters, I thought.

and if you want intelligent - West Wing.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    LOL, you and I could have been roommates. When BRAVO started running West Wing at 5am and 6am weekday mornings (left coast time), I would watch with my first cuppa coffee. Laughing is a great way to start the day.

Definitely!

That is one smart show. OP is Canadian..........remember the episode where there was a fight bw two farmers across the border bw USA and Canada and it had the potential to snowball and become an 'international incident' and they are in the war room discussing a million things and the incident came up and someone (I think CJ) said "Canada? Do we even have a map of Canada in here?" LOL. that was too funny.

Now, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Weeds, United States of Tara, Sons of Anarchy, Deadwood, Carnivale, can't think of any others off the top of m head. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread though, as I'm almost through SoA on Netflix so will need new suggestions.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I'm so not the demographic for this show, but mtv.com has a show called Teen Wolf that I really like a lot.

Dead Like Me, was a surprising fresh concept

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    mad men.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Chuck
    Boston Legal
    Flashpoint
    Supernatural

Ok there are several others but those are great.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    current shows: justified, game of thrones, boardwalk empire, american horror story, spartacus, oh yea, and walking dead. that show is awesome

old shows: rome, deadwood, sopranos
    Last edited by not on the rug; 07-29-2012 at 09:49 AM.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Figlio di Moros View Post
    Yeah, Primal Grill's good, haven't caught it in a while, though.

What's your problem with Breaking Bad? It's a good show, and I don't see anything "standard" about it. He's not shrugging off all responsibilities, he's trying to fulfill his responsibilities in the only way he knows how. Simultaneously, it's not "finding his true self"- changes in his character are a result of the situations he's in, not an inner discover.

That said, there's Walking Dead, Shameless, Dexter, Memphis Blues, Sons of Anarchy, Justified... Plenty of shows out there. There's also the possibility of catching sports online, too. If you're not a sports person, learn a bit about the strategy involved and you might have a better opinion of what's on the field- endless entertainment and intellectual stimulation, taken from the right perspective.
    He's having sex with his wife in the car and she asks a question about why the sex is so good, and he says it's because it's illegal.

But thanks for the other suggestions. Because I don't watch tv much it is hard for me to stay current about what is out there to watch since I'm not watching commercials. I don't even know what titles to look for. So thanks for the suggestions!
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast