Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today in Southern England.. page 2

natro is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    aw I'm gunna be a grumbly yorkshire person and complain it were too 'ot fer me We also had a cow go down with heatstroke. She's survived but I don't know about long term, she's currently suspended from an oak tree branch in attempt to get her walking again... the heat's alright if you dn't have to work! I'm just happy with no rain!

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    It'd be great to see some lovely english countryside, even if only in pictures....hint....hint.
    IMG_0437.jpg That's Mam Tor in the Derbyshire Peak District on the right with some paragliders. The valley to the left is Edale.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Terry H is online now Senior Member
    thanks. Lovely indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    thanks. Lovely indeed.
    You're welcome. But, it was even better being there and getting a bit of hill walking in.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Hi Cavequeen, greetings from Great Yarmouth.
    Barbara

Quote Originally Posted by iateallthepies View Post
    greetings from Great Yarmouth.
    Used to visit my Great Aunt Nellie in Yarmouth when I was a boy. The sea always seemed chilly when I went swimming.

I cant comment on that Nigel but my dog was happy to be swimming this morning.The sea was like a millpond.You'll not that I didnt try it out myself !!

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    IMG_0437.jpg That's Mam Tor in the Derbyshire Peak District on the right with some paragliders. The valley to the left is Edale.
    That is so lovely to my American urban eyes--looks like ideal walking country. Wanna house swap for a week?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B-D View Post
    That is so lovely to my American urban eyes--looks like ideal walking country. Wanna house swap for a week?!
    I don't live there. I live in The Fens which are flat as a billiards table. If ever the clouds let us see sunrise or sunset, they're brilliant here.

I go to where the picture is because I'm in the Peak District Assessor Network for the Duke of Edinburgh Award. Youngsters do their expeditions in wild country and I am one of the people who assess them for that part of their D of E Award.

IMG_0435.jpg

This is what it was like the week before. I sat in that cloud (rain) for four hours waiting for five teams to come through. I took this picture on my way down when the weather was clearing up, comparatively speaking.

But yes. I'll swap for a week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12