Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Primal Dating Scene page

Greg is offline Senior Member

I'm single guy, primal to the max, emotionally secure, educated, a secure job I love, blah blah blah... I prefer a simple, uncluttered lifestyle.

The problem is, I don't see eye to eye with most people about life. I'm open minded and am willing to learn about other people's philosophies and interests but have never met a woman who I can honestly say - Wow! now this is a person I'd like to get to know and invest my time and energy with.

Where would one look to find a compatible person who shares the same interests as us primal folk?

It's tough I tell ya!

ZC - 100% Carnivore

I EAT VEGANS

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

My dating life has SUCKED lately. :P It IS tough.

TexasPrimal is offline Junior Member

Check for local primal meet up groups in your area. I'm happily married so I'm not looking for anyone but there are several available ladies that are members of my group.

lesliek is offline Member

I think it depends a lot on where you live. My answer would be different for here (MN) than New York or California.

When the forum changes formats, perhaps Mark can do us a solid and add a singles profile / meet and greet type section where we could PM a hello to those who sound interesting and block the psychopaths... that would work! :-)

ZC - 100% Carnivore

I EAT VEGANS

A primal meet up would be great. I'm from New York (right up there with LA among the most pretentious, materialistic & snooty places in America!) - I'm willing to travel though!

ZC - 100% Carnivore

I EAT VEGANS

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

Block the psychopaths?

What did we ever do to you, you pretentious, snooty, stuck up materialist!

(Seriously, New York's alright. If you like saxaphones.)

Meh. When I was a vegan type I was way into dating girls who were "on the same path", and since veganism attracts alot of 20 something head in the clouds sensitive art school girl types, I met alot of pretty airheads. Lot's of cute flakes.

I came to realize that it's more important to be compatible with someone in ways other than "diet" or other lifestyle choices.

Obviously it's not going to work out long term now that I'm Primal to date a really hard core commited "ethical" vegan, or militant raw foodist. But there are other considerations besides what a person eats, or doesn't eat.

I currently have a friend who I love very dearly, who I believe is making herself miserable on a vegetarian diet. But as a close friend it's not my place to preach my lastest thing at her. She was really patient with me when I was a raw foodist and she was a super fit SAD eater, so how could I not stick by her? Sure I offer her access to other types of information, but it has to be her choice. Our friendship has a strong basis something other than lifestyle.

Dudes, and dudettes, if a woman can maintain her hawtness on whatever, and our personalities click I'm game. Life's too short to place narrow preconditions on it.

lesliek is offline Member

Greg-- check these guys (and gals) out: http://www.meetup.com/Eating-Paleo-in-NYC

Awesome! Thanks so much Leslie :-)

ZC - 100% Carnivore

I EAT VEGANS

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I already have a mate, she's been having some issues with my new lifestyle. She thinks red meat is not to be eaten often and that egg yolks will give me cholesterol. Eating by her reminds me of my old school "healthy" meals, barely any fat (even when she makes eggs) and all vegetables are very lightly sauteed or steamed... yucky, the funny part is she loves what I make. I think I'll be doing most of the cooking when we move in together, unless she can start adding some spices and fat to cook with jeez.

My point though was that while it would be nice to have some common ground starting off, ultimately personalities and such will play a much more important role. Sometimes being too similar can be a bad thing.

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast