Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Primal Dating Scene page 2

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

I'm sure there are other people here in Regina, SK who don't drink and love to play outside and play intellectual social board games as well. They're probably miserable at home, like I am!

That's my prayer.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

JohnOTD is offline Member

Guess I'm SOL on finding a primal girl living here in St. Croix...maybe I can find one who is allergic to gluten? :P

www.primalfreedom.blogspot.com

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

one_eye_mike Guest

"I came to realize that it's more important to be compatible with someone in ways other than "diet" or other lifestyle choices."

Bingo. Trying to find some one "primal" is way, way to limiting. There's way more important considerations. Focus on what you have in common rather then what you don't and don't try to "convert" people.

Lekki Wood is offline Junior Member

Well now, I might be on my soapbox a little, but I would not want to date anyone who did not respect my views / lifestyle. They don't have to agree / follow them, but they should be interested and supportive.

I am a bit of a fish out of water in many ways - London (UK) born, bred and lived, and just moved to Alabama. In lots of ways I am learning others' culture and they mine. But I am pretty militant at sticking to Primal, and I have not had a problem dating...

My boyfriend now is pretty much anti primal. His only exercise is chronic cardio, he lives off junk food and sweet tea / gatorade (shudder). He carries Reece's in his pocket. But he differs from me in many ways: partly from different upbringing / cultures, partly from different personalities.

We're interested in each other's choices, and supportive. We cook meals that can be shared (e.g. ribs, collards and potato. Collards for me, potato for him...)... and we compromise which has been good for both of us - he tried my kale chips (spat them out), I eat at his fast food joints sometimes (making as primal choices as possible and only winge a little). He's getting used to the odd glass of wine, I'll accept the odd low carb but pre prepared salad dressing. Importantly we both understand and talk about the others lifestyle / choices and support each other and NEVER force our views on each other. I know deep down he think I could chillax a little (17% bf, ripped arms etc) but he encourages me to go to the gym 'coz it makes me happy. I think he should go a little more, and is ex-military so should keep up his fitness, but I still bring him a beer while he is playing video games on the couch .

Surely that is what you are looking for - not someone the same as you?

Lxxx

Reepicheep Guest

Greg, glad somebody posted that NYC meet-up link. I'm not currently in NYC, but I'm a member of that group and will be around next year. From what I've seen on the net they have a lot of awesome activities going on--including learning how to hunt, going to traditional farms, holding cook-outs at people's houses, etc. You should check them out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12