Thread: Eating primal on an 8 hour shift 3-11 page

samiamm is offline Senior Member

Eating primal on an 8 hour shift 3-11

Primal Fuel
    I get two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute break.

I'm 18, underweight, 6 ft. Exercise...I need to eat ALOT.

How am I supposed to get a primal meal in there, any suggestions??

Most people there just buy these horrendous sandwiches and brownies out of this vending machine, or bring their own sandwiches from home, and as any primal junkie knows, bread CANNOT be in that 20%

Metric is offline Senior Member
    I generally bring a chunk of whatever meat and some veggies. Today, for example, I have a smoked pork chop with a side of mixed greens with a homemade Cesar dressing.

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, best bet would be to make bigger portions when you cook at home, and then bring leftovers to work.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Nuts, pieces of cheese, cold sausages, boiled eggs, cut up veggies and dip...would all work for your 10 minute breaks...
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghshl View Post
    Yeah, best bet would be to make bigger portions when you cook at home, and then bring leftovers to work.
    ^^ this.

i batch cook and then bring some everyday to work. i'm not always hungry enough to eat everything i bring, but it's there so i'm not tempted by other stuff. you get plenty of breaks, so plenty of time to eat. just bring lots of food, lol.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    Are you me? That's my schedule and situation too. The same horrible vending machines. Except I was 18 and underweight in 1970. I usually just eat 2 meals. I fix them both at the same time, sometimes they are just the same thing. The first and much largest around noon and the second around 6pm. We do have a refrigerator and a microwave in the break area. I hope you do. I use a pyrex container to bring lunch. Then after work I eat a little snack a couple of hours before sleeping. Just make the meals as large as you can with lots of good fats to get as many calories as you need. I do occasionally skip meals but you probably shouldn't. Just eat real, regular, high quality food.

Tercio