Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Monthly Challenges page 4

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Too right. I definately echo what cavemancoder said. Awesome work. Your target may have been lofty as it was yout first challenge.

I didn't know That you were still doing shoulder, bi etc sessions. I would suggest cutting all that out and just doing the challenge. Give it your all and you'll now know tht you will reap the rewards.

I'm am just working on all the advanced work of Marks LHT programme. After completing that I intend to try something similar myself. I am surprised uou didn't notice more improvements avfridsy your chest and tris. Marks LHT sessions are doing great things.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    I was still weight training my shoulders, bis, tris and back about once or twice a week. That was stupid. I would do military presses, side/front raises, rows, curls, hammers, triceps pull downs, etc. Now, in addition to the challenge I am only adding Legs, Deadlifts, Sprints and some Stairmaster.

I was waaay off as I didn't know what to expect on my first challenge. Hopefully I'm closer on this brief challenge I am doing before I move on 8/31.

One benefit I have noticed...the wall ball's are increasing my flexibility in my hip flexors which I am hoping translates to better form on my squats.
    Last edited by TTBlue21; 08-23-2012 at 11:46 AM.

My main concern is that hitting it so hard for 30 days on the bounce is clearly overtraining, and I wonder if much of it may actually be detrimental. I know it's uber hardcore, but is it the best bang for the buck... I'm weighing up what I will do but I am thinking a 30 day challenge but do it one day on, one day off. Even that may not (in fact I am sure would not) be enough recovery time.

What do you think?

Having slept on it, what I am going to do (subject to any last minute tweaking) is:

3000 Pressups
    3000 Squats
    3 Hours plank
    300 Chinups

Not as impressive, but I am going to do it only alternate days.

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanCoder View Post
    Not as impressive, but I am going to do it only alternate days.
    This is exactly what I noticed. In setting my new goals, I assumed I would take a break between. So if i wanted to average 300 pushups a day, I set it so I'd have to do 600 on one day, take a day off.

You hit it though...need rest.

I am mega looking forward to kicking this off on Saturday. I want to get comfortably above the curve in the first week. I want to use the experience to eventually get my max pressups (pushups) reps over 1000... current PB is 150.

I will be blogging the whole thing in obsessive detail on

www.onethousandpressups.com

So my success or failure will a matter of public record... no excuses!

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How are you guys getting on? Neither of you daft enough to add burpees to this?

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234