Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pimples page

Jenstar is offline Junior Member

Pimples

Hi, I'm a 36 year old female. I've been eating primal style since the beginning of June and so far have lost around 7 kg (15 pounds) which I'm very happy with. I still have around 20kg (44ish pounds) to lose. I have been experiencing a lot of positive changes including better sleep and more energy, however I'm getting pimples more frequently. I've have had problems with hormonal related pimples over the years. Is it possible that my hormones could be out of balance due to the release of fat soluble hormones as I lose adipose tissue? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

wiltondeportes Guest
    Try rubbing an antifungal salve on it. It might be labeled for athlete's foot or something like that, but I find it works nicely on pimples and unhealthy skin of any kind. Make sure it's really good stuff, generally from a natural foods store.

Thanks for your reply wiltondeportes, I've found a few other threads confirming that others have experienced this too. General consensus seems to be that it is to do with excess hormones released from adipose tissue.

I wonder how long it takes for the hormones to balance out again. I suppose it's related to how long it takes to burn the adipose tissue.

If you are in the market for some acne products while your body goes through the motions, may I recommend Mychelle? Their face spritzes and pumpkin mask are divine. They should be readily available at Whole Foods and similar grocers.

Thanks GuineaPigQueen, I'm in Australia so I'm not sure I can get that brand here.

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Try using a toner of 1 part apple cider vinegar, 3 parts water, on your face with a cotton ball after washing. Makes my skin very soft and clear, google for other peoples experiences.
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

Thanks Kelmar, I have apple cider vinegar in the pantry. Will give it a go tonight.

innadoom is offline Member
    Maybe you're getting rid of toxins if you're losing fat?

primalsun is offline Member
    I find that too much: bacon, sugar, and dairy give me pimples on my otherwise, ahem, flawless face...

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I've read it is the toxins causing a ruckus on their way out.
    You shud be back to a flawless beauty like primalsun real soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast