Thread: Fiber? page

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Is there an actual amount of dietary fiber that the average person needs per day? Or a grams per pound type of formula?

I mean, if you're not having any problems with "regularity" then why worry, right? What else does fiber do in your body?

Just curious, because SparkPeople (where I track my food) recommends an amount that's higher than what I tend to actually eat... and I was wondering if I should work harder to meet that fiber recommendation, or just not worry about it.

I imagine it's a lot easier to hit the "recommended" amount if you're eating lots of "healthy whole grains."

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Nick Guest

If you're not having issues, I don't think it's something to seek out. I like Dr. Eades's take on it: http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/f...-fore-and-aft/

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Thanks for that. Good for a morning chortle. I won't worry about it.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.