Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close

Thread: Was reading Taubs' "Why we get fat" this morning and found this

Threaded View

SF Bay Area

Was reading Taubs' "Why we get fat" this morning and found this

A low carb doctor a decade ahead of Atkins charged with a crime for promoting a low carb diet, lol!!!!

Herman Taller

In 1961, Dr. Herman Taller, an obstetrician, published ''Calories Don't Count,'' which preached that one could banish fat while eating three full meals a day - provided that one ingested three ounces of polyunsaturated vegetable oil daily, along with a high-protein and low-carbohydrate diet. The Government denounced that diet as a ''worthless scheme foisted on a gullible public,'' and Dr. Taller was eventually convicted of fraud and conspiracy for using the book to peddle a particular brand of safflower capsules. Meanwhile, the book sold 2 million copies.

Calories Don't Count

I am wondering when Mark will be led off in chains for the horrendous sales he has promoted? Seriously, what a world!?!

(Of course conventional doctors were happy Taller was arrested and convicted)
    Last edited by Moochy; 07-21-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies