Thread: Denver Primals!!!! You have a new addition Aug 4th!!!! page

Darwin17 is offline Senior Member

Denver Primals!!!! You have a new addition Aug 4th!!!!

Shop Now
    Scored a fantastic job in Denver and am wondering if the Primal community is strong and if there are meetups etc.

Thank you,
    Darwin17

liza is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darwin17 View Post
    Scored a fantastic job in Denver and am wondering if the Primal community is strong and if there are meetups etc.

Thank you,
    Darwin17
    No idea if the primal community is strong (there are a few posters on here from Denver), but believe it or not, there's a paleo/primal food truck, the Caveman Cafeteria.

There'a a brief article about it in Westword:
    It sounds like a spoof, but the Caveman Cafeteria -- Denver's newest (and only) food truck specializing in paleo diet dishes -- is no joke. Even though its owner, Will White, is a comedian.

An Army veteran, White was stationed at Fort Carson until May, then moved to Denver after realizing "it was the best city in the world," he says. Already involved in the local comedy scene, he decided to start a food truck because of the growing market of people interested in the paleo, or Caveman, diet, which stresses grass-fed meat and vegetables. . .

Darwin17 is offline Senior Member
    That is very cool!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    There is a paleo group on meet-up.com, but they are not active at all. There are many primal/paleo folks sprinkled about, but other than whole foods, you need to seek out the farms to find grass fed meat and pastured chicken and eggs. Farmers markets have lots or organic produce, but not like the great farmers markets I hear about down in the CO springs area.

flutter_girl is offline Junior Member
    Hi there, Mud Flinger. I'm new to primal and I'm in Denver. I would like to find a farm or ranch that can supply me affordable grass fed/grass finished and pastured products. I'm also interested in wild game. I'm in a healing crisis right now, and as a former vegan, I'm stressing a bit about this due to ethical reasons.

Can you recommend a farm or ranch that I could drive to to check out? Or a source for wild game? I know about eatwild.com, but I'm finding the research overwhelming in my current state of health. I have a moderate income, so I would like to get something affordable in bulk.