Thread: Omega 3 Cheese page

Wildrose is online now Senior Member

Omega 3 Cheese

Primal Fuel
    I was watching the food network and saw a commercial for Omega 3 cheese by Silani. Does anyone know anything about that? Is it actually a good source of omega 3's? I think it might be good to add to the 'is it paleo' posts. Thanks!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i don't know anything about that cheese, but i'm sure mark would give it a good rundown in his "is it primal" series.

if you're looking for cheese with a good omega balance, you should just look for grass fed cheese. kerrygold is a great brand that is usually available lots of places.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    grassfed is highest in omega 3's I think. But it's not a perfect 3:6 balance. I would just focus on saturated fats and limit PUFAs overall
    Billie trips balls

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    i don't know anything about that cheese, but i'm sure mark would give it a good rundown in his "is it primal" series.

if you're looking for cheese with a good omega balance, you should just look for grass fed cheese. kerrygold is a great brand that is usually available lots of places.
    Unfortunately I have not been able to find Kerrygold in Ontario... not sure about your part of Canada OP...

I generally stick with Organic Meadows for cheese and milk.
    Last edited by Metric; 07-22-2012 at 06:24 AM.

lendar is offline Junior Member
    I saw a comercial for Omega 3 eggs. There is no natural Omega 3 egg or chere. That is made using chemistry and it is far from healthy.

nopie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    Unfortunately I have not been able to find Kerrygold in Ontario... not sure about your part of Canada OP...

I generally stick with Organic Meadows for cheese and milk.
    I would agree that pasture-fed dairy is basically impossible to find commercially available in Ontario. Unless you can find an independent farm that sells small amounts to the public I suppose.

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm in Calgary, Alberta. I can easily find locally produced milk and cheese, but pasture fed... well, I doubt it. Right now I'm shunning cheese, except a bit of feta. I'd like to find a cheese I can eat a bit more of.