Thread: Anyone else working around a birch allergy? page

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!

Anyone else working around a birch allergy?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was diagnosed with a birch allergy a few years back...which also included banana and apple. I have a feeling I have to throw avocado in there as well. Wiki shows a ton of foods that I might react to---and this might explain my itchy leg issues---I'm hoping! Might try to avoid raw veggies and nuts for awhile to look for improvements!

TuppTupp is offline Junior Member
    I'm allergic to pretty much all raw fruits (except citrus and watermelon), berries, nuts and a bunch of vegetables because of my birch allergy. Because I can eat most of them if they're heated/cooked I usually just cook everything so I don't need to remember what I can/can't eat raw or get a reaction to something I didn't know I was allergic to.

Before primal I had really dry and itchy skin on my legs, but that disappeared when I stopped eating candy. Every now and then I'll have some candy at a birthday party or something and I always wake up with dry and itching skin the next day.

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    I totally have had intense bouts of leg itchyness for the past 4+ years. Sometimes it has gotten so bad that I scratch until I bleed. I've scarred them too. I havent, in all these years, kept any kind of food journal to track intake and symptoms. I do tend to eat a lot of nuts over the course of a week... I did read that cooking can help with these foods! I want to cut all of them out and try to reintroduce and keep tally on my legs too! Thanks for your input!