Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unreal Candy page

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Unreal Candy

Shop Now
    This should separate the moderates from the zealots on this forum:

UNREAL | Candy Unjunked

I love their honesty. Not only do they compare their products to regular candy bars, but they also compare them to pieces of fruit! (Of course, some of you won't even touch a piece of fruit. If that's you...don't bother clicking on the link.)

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Awesome.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

cookiemonster is offline Member
    Maybe I should change my name to candy-man after seeing that!! Glad to see companies or people trying to get into the food market using as much real ingredients as they can. Who doesn't love candy especially if it is not made with lab ingredients-. Thanks

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    It almost seems like a throw-back to the way candy used to be made decades ago, but that's only a guess. Does anyone know what candy was made with back in the '50s? (I suppose someone might be able to find an old candy wrapper in the couch, but they didn't have nutritional labels back then.)

cantare is offline Senior Member
    It's nice to see someone making the effort. I don't have room in my plan right now for such sugar fixes because I'm still losing major weight and have had an unhealthy relationship with carbs. It's the kind of thing I'd pick for a splurge, but eating stuff like this leads reliably to eating more of it, and it takes a week to get back on track. So, I dunno, does appreciating the merits of their approach without rushing to partake make me a 'zealot'?
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    Does anyone know what candy was made with back in the '50s? (I suppose someone might be able to find an old candy wrapper in the couch, but they didn't have nutritional labels back then.)
    Checked the couch. No vintage candy wrappers at all--only some lint, a crumpled Rutherford B. Hayes campaign poster, and this weird penny from 1877 with an Indian chief caricature on it. What a bummer!

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Holy gawd. I will be buying that the moment I see it in a store.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    not much of a candy fan, but it kicks ass that someone is making candy without crap being the main ingredient. i wonder if doritos would be willing to get on board with this.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    not much of a candy fan, but it kicks ass that someone is making candy without crap being the main ingredient. i wonder if doritos would be willing to get on board with this.
    Using non-GMO corn of a breed not grown in the US? Doritos would never care that much.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

KathyH is offline Senior Member
    I am a bit baffled by all of your enthusiasm about this product. It's highly processed, contains processed cane sugar and something called "natural caramel", which in itself is an oxymoron as caramel can't be found in nature. It sounds like they are trying to play on words to make you think it is somehow good for you. Bottom line, highly processed. Isn't that against fundamental principal of the paleo/primal lifestyle?

cantare is offline Senior Member
    projecting an air of concerned bafflement does certainly appear to be your primary focus here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast