Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Waking up to pee page

Gadsie is offline Senior Member

Waking up to pee

Shop Now
    I have been "struggling" with this for as long as i can remember. It didn't start or get worse when I started eating primal. But I wake up 1-2x a night to pee. I usually fall back asleep within 5 minutes but it's still uncomfortable. I didn't try the obvious solution of not drinking before bed yet, but about how long before bed should I stop drinking? And any other suggestions?
    I also pee quite a lot during the day, (also for my entire life). Maybe just hold it in longer to stretch the bladder?
    Thanks
    Billie trips balls

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Could be some kind of hormonal imbalance. Your circadian rhythms may be not quite right.

If I were you, I'd try googling something like: "circadian rhythms urination".

HTH

Thanks, I'll try to eliminate light earlier before bed
    Billie trips balls

Idioteque is offline Member
    For me it's on and off, depending on how much I drink and how late before sleep. If I need to go I just go. The most annoying is if it happens just 30-40 minutes before I would normally wake up, then I don't have time to sleep before the alarm rings (yup, I use an alarm, some people have to wake up in the morning ). In this case most times I ignore the urge.
    I don't think it is a problem if it happens once per night. If it's every hour or so, then you have to worry. Otherwise, don't sweat it and do it.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    I have that problem but it seems to be related to how deep I'm sleeping. If I'm in a dark, cool room with no noise or "white noise" like the AC, I usually sleep through the night and wake up with the urge when the alarm goes off.

If I don't get into that deep sleep, the semi-full bladder will wake me up and I get up.

You might want to see if your getting into a deep enough sleep. Check out some of the sleeping advice tips and threads on the site and forum.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Don't drink/eat heavily before you go to sleep. For me, that was the problem back then.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    I have that problem but it seems to be related to how deep I'm sleeping. If I'm in a dark, cool room with no noise or "white noise" like the AC, I usually sleep through the night and wake up with the urge when the alarm goes off.

If I don't get into that deep sleep, the semi-full bladder will wake me up and I get up.

You might want to see if your getting into a deep enough sleep. Check out some of the sleeping advice tips and threads on the site and forum.
    Hmm.. Well I sleep in perfect conditions I think
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    Don't drink/eat heavily before you go to sleep. For me, that was the problem back then.
    How long is before bed? 2-3 hours or so?
    Billie trips balls

winterzodiac is offline Junior Member
    I have a weak bladder as well, would always wake up 2/3x a night to pee...I recently stopped drinking after 7pm (sleeping 10/11pm-6:30am), though sips of water are OK. I also made sure not to drink caffine (coffee/tea) after 4pm. I make sure to pee while I'm getting ready for bed, even if I don't feel the urge. Started this routine about 3 weeks ago and has worked perfectly - I stop getting up at night.

I know that years ago my doctor has recommended medicine for this (can't remember the name but I'm sure you could google some info), but at the time I couldn't afford it. Now that I am primal, sleeping properly is important but I would be hesitant to take a medicine I didn't really need.

Quote Originally Posted by winterzodiac View Post
    I have a weak bladder as well, would always wake up 2/3x a night to pee...I recently stopped drinking after 7pm (sleeping 10/11pm-6:30am), though sips of water are OK. I also made sure not to drink caffine (coffee/tea) after 4pm. I make sure to pee while I'm getting ready for bed, even if I don't feel the urge. Started this routine about 3 weeks ago and has worked perfectly - I stop getting up at night.

I know that years ago my doctor has recommended medicine for this (can't remember the name but I'm sure you could google some info), but at the time I couldn't afford it. Now that I am primal, sleeping properly is important but I would be hesitant to take a medicine I didn't really need.
    Not eating/drinking before bed is the first thing I'll try medicines the last
    Billie trips balls

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast