Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Waking up to pee page

  1. #1
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932

    Waking up to pee

    Shop Now
    I have been "struggling" with this for as long as i can remember. It didn't start or get worse when I started eating primal. But I wake up 1-2x a night to pee. I usually fall back asleep within 5 minutes but it's still uncomfortable. I didn't try the obvious solution of not drinking before bed yet, but about how long before bed should I stop drinking? And any other suggestions?
    I also pee quite a lot during the day, (also for my entire life). Maybe just hold it in longer to stretch the bladder?
    Thanks
    Billie trips balls

  2. #2
    Lewis's Avatar
    Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,346
    Could be some kind of hormonal imbalance. Your circadian rhythms may be not quite right.

    If I were you, I'd try googling something like: "circadian rhythms urination".

    HTH

  3. #3
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Thanks, I'll try to eliminate light earlier before bed
    Billie trips balls

  4. #4
    Idioteque's Avatar
    Idioteque is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    41
    For me it's on and off, depending on how much I drink and how late before sleep. If I need to go I just go. The most annoying is if it happens just 30-40 minutes before I would normally wake up, then I don't have time to sleep before the alarm rings (yup, I use an alarm, some people have to wake up in the morning ). In this case most times I ignore the urge.
    I don't think it is a problem if it happens once per night. If it's every hour or so, then you have to worry. Otherwise, don't sweat it and do it.

  5. #5
    texas.grok's Avatar
    texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Egypt with brief trips to Texas
    Posts
    1,107
    I have that problem but it seems to be related to how deep I'm sleeping. If I'm in a dark, cool room with no noise or "white noise" like the AC, I usually sleep through the night and wake up with the urge when the alarm goes off.

    If I don't get into that deep sleep, the semi-full bladder will wake me up and I get up.

    You might want to see if your getting into a deep enough sleep. Check out some of the sleeping advice tips and threads on the site and forum.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

  6. #6
    Gilleh's Avatar
    Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    445
    Don't drink/eat heavily before you go to sleep. For me, that was the problem back then.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

  7. #7
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    I have that problem but it seems to be related to how deep I'm sleeping. If I'm in a dark, cool room with no noise or "white noise" like the AC, I usually sleep through the night and wake up with the urge when the alarm goes off.

    If I don't get into that deep sleep, the semi-full bladder will wake me up and I get up.

    You might want to see if your getting into a deep enough sleep. Check out some of the sleeping advice tips and threads on the site and forum.
    Hmm.. Well I sleep in perfect conditions I think
    Billie trips balls

  8. #8
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    Don't drink/eat heavily before you go to sleep. For me, that was the problem back then.
    How long is before bed? 2-3 hours or so?
    Billie trips balls

  9. #9
    winterzodiac's Avatar
    winterzodiac is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    19
    I have a weak bladder as well, would always wake up 2/3x a night to pee...I recently stopped drinking after 7pm (sleeping 10/11pm-6:30am), though sips of water are OK. I also made sure not to drink caffine (coffee/tea) after 4pm. I make sure to pee while I'm getting ready for bed, even if I don't feel the urge. Started this routine about 3 weeks ago and has worked perfectly - I stop getting up at night.

    I know that years ago my doctor has recommended medicine for this (can't remember the name but I'm sure you could google some info), but at the time I couldn't afford it. Now that I am primal, sleeping properly is important but I would be hesitant to take a medicine I didn't really need.

  10. #10
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by winterzodiac View Post
    I have a weak bladder as well, would always wake up 2/3x a night to pee...I recently stopped drinking after 7pm (sleeping 10/11pm-6:30am), though sips of water are OK. I also made sure not to drink caffine (coffee/tea) after 4pm. I make sure to pee while I'm getting ready for bed, even if I don't feel the urge. Started this routine about 3 weeks ago and has worked perfectly - I stop getting up at night.

    I know that years ago my doctor has recommended medicine for this (can't remember the name but I'm sure you could google some info), but at the time I couldn't afford it. Now that I am primal, sleeping properly is important but I would be hesitant to take a medicine I didn't really need.
    Not eating/drinking before bed is the first thing I'll try medicines the last
    Billie trips balls

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •