Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Waking up to pee page 5

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Protein needs do increase with physical activity level, because more damage is done to muscle and other tissues, and tissue turnover is therefore higher.
    It's simply downright kooky of you to imagine that an intake of 260 grammes per day of protein could be in any way shape or form necessary for a person who weighs around 140 pounds whatever pretentious "explanations" you attempt to rationalize that with. But carry on providing us with your nonsensical rationalizations, by all means.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    It's simply downright kooky of you to imagine that an intake of 260 grammes per day of protein could be in any way shape or form necessary for a person who weighs around 140 pounds whatever pretentious "explanations" you attempt to rationalize that with. But carry on providing us with your nonsensical rationalizations, by all means.
    I never said I thought he needed 260 grams per day. Read more carefully. I was responding to your assertion that the only relevant variable was body size, which it is not. Since you neglected to quote the end of my post:

Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    That said, there's no reason so much of his intake needs to come from meat, necessarily--he might do better with a higher proportion of starches. But that would be something for him to experiment with, not something for us to prescribe to him. He may be taking in more protein than he needs, but it won't hurt him any.
    I don't know why you are ignoring the relevant parts of my responses and attacking me by taking my points out of context, but it's getting more than a little annoying.

EDIT: To be even more clear, my position, summarized, on Gadsie's frequent-urination issue:

--he has said he drinks water out of habit/boredom instead of only out of thirst
    --he has reported that his urine is always clear/colorless
    --high urea concentration in urine will make urine yellow
    --high nitrogen output in urine does not increase the liquid volume of the urine
    --this suggests that his protein intake, while it may be unnecessarily high, is not a factor in his frequent urination
    --the colorless quality suggests this is a matter of over-consumption of water
    --the first and most obvious intervention is to drink less water
    --only after the obvious intervention fails is it reasonable to investigate more convoluted theories
    --eating "too much" protein is harmless as long as it does not displace other necessary nutrition

Anything else you are reading into my replies is coming from your brain, not mine.
    Last edited by Uncephalized; 07-23-2012 at 02:07 PM.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I'd also like to point out that Gads has stated that he gets full and has problems eating the volume of starches that would be required to get him to the caloric level that he needs to maintain his weight...

Being very thin, and growing, I think that this is relevant and that he should not be discouraged from seeking calorically as well as nutrient dense sources of food.
    Eating that amount of protein isn't going to hurt him.
    If he tries to replace half of it with foods that have less calories for the same volume, because he has trouble eating higher volumes, he may be faced with being unable to maintain his weight again.
    He's a growing kid, not a sedentary/moderately active adult.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Gads, remember that fruits and vegetables also contain their fair amount of water.
    Evee since I went primal I'm drinking less
    If you kept drinking the same whlle eating more fruits and vegs, that might be it.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Kinda OT but your comments are no longer irritating
    Looks like you passed the stage of freaking out and perfecting everything to teh point of obsession
    Good on you!
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I'd also like to point out that Gads has stated that he gets full and has problems eating the volume of starches that would be required to get him to the caloric level that he needs to maintain his weight...

Being very thin, and growing, I think that this is relevant and that he should not be discouraged from seeking calorically as well as nutrient dense sources of food.
    Eating that amount of protein isn't going to hurt him.
    If he tries to replace half of it with foods that have less calories for the same volume, because he has trouble eating higher volumes, he may be faced with being unable to maintain his weight again.
    He's a growing kid, not a sedentary/moderately active adult.
    Yes, but I have been gaining weight now, and I think I'm at a a healthy weight and BF % now. (I read somewhere that teenagers are better off with 9-15% bf because they are growing, could be BS I don't know.) I'm at 10-12. And at no need to gain fat, only muscle . So I might try replacing some meat with other things, also better for my parents wallet.
    Billie trips balls

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    Kinda OT but your comments are no longer irritating
    Looks like you passed the stage of freaking out and perfecting everything to teh point of obsession
    Good on you!
    Ha thanks!(:
    Billie trips balls

Deli is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    Don't drink/eat heavily before you go to sleep. For me, that was the problem back then.
    I'm 48.. and I wake up to early and have to pee.. and I don't know.. but it really works for me.. I eat right before bed.. and not drink but a couple swallows after.. I can sleep way later than even when my alarm would go off.. which I do on weekends.. but during the week.. even, 10 potato chips before bed help me stay in bed till my alarm goes off.

Don't know why.. but it really works for me.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345