Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Waking up to pee page 3

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm physcially disabled and only have access to use the bathroom 2-3x/day, and not overnight, so I'm an expert in urination management. I agree with the others who say to forego drinking liquids at least 3 hours before you go to sleep, and to avoid caffeinated beverages. Urinating soon before bedtime, whether you feel like you need to or not, is also a very good idea.

I've also found that, at least for me, my eating schedule has a big influence. I like to fast, but I find that if I eat my meal earlier than 5-6 pm, and then don't eat again that day, I'm more likely to wake up in the middle of the night with an urge to urinate. So, I try make sure to eat something (it can be a light snack, doesn't have to be a large quantity) within no more than ~2 hours of bedtime -- I've found that food in the stomach (particularly carbier/saltier foods like nuts, seeds, pork rinds, etc.) definitely requires water from the body to process, and "diverts" any excess water in the body to processing these foods, rather than being eliminated via the bladder overnight.

I know that you're a teen & probably don't drink alcohol (at least as a part of your regular lifestyle ), but for general reference, I've noticed that drinking alcohol also messes with the body's processing of fluids, possibly due to changes in insulin or other hormones; if I happen to drink alchol on 2 consecutive nights, and then don't drink on the 3rd night, I'm more likely to have to get up in the middle of the night to pee, even if I "did everything right" otherwise, as far as pre-bedtime minimized water intake & having a snack before bed goes. I hypothesize that this is due to the body readjusting to not having alcohol, & maybe having falling insulin levels, which are definitely correlated with increased urination. So, I try never to drink alcohol on 2 consecutive nights, for this reason.
    Last edited by healthseekerKate; 07-21-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Marlies is offline Junior Member
    Do you have WIFI in the house? Try putting it out at night. Also, if you have electronics in your bedroom (i.e. lamps, an alarm etc.) try to pull out all the plugs for 2/3 nights. Don't put your phone close to the bed.

I always thought the radiation story was bullshit, but for me and my boyfriend (and a lot of other people) it actually really helped... Just try it for 2/3 nights and maybe it can help you to.

parrottrl is offline Member
    Definitely reduce caffeine intake before bed time. It's a diuretic.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Gadsie,

You are sufferinng the early stages of BPH Prostate problems. This means your prostate is swelling, and is restricting your urethra with the result of incomplete evacuation. This condition is easily cured by taking iodine supplements. The Prostate requires MORE iodine than the thyroid gland. I cured my own prostate problems by taking iodine with the required supplements.

Complete details here, with doctor reports, testimonials, procedures.
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

See the Chapter Prostate. Women suffer from iodine deficiency far more than men do. They suffer swollen, painful breasts, swollen ovaries, fibrous uterus, hormone problems, lack of sex drive, painful cycles, headaches & much more.

Grizz

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Gadsie,

You are sufferinng the early stages of BPH Prostate problems. This means your prostate is swelling, and is restricting your urethra with the result of incomplete evacuation. This condition is easily cured by taking iodine supplements. The Prostate requires MORE iodine than the thyroid gland. I cured my own prostate problems by taking iodine with the required supplements.

Complete details here, with doctor reports, testimonials, procedures.
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

See the Chapter Prostate. Women suffer from iodine deficiency far more than men do. They suffer swollen, painful breasts, swollen ovaries, fibrous uterus, hormone problems, lack of sex drive, painful cycles, headaches & much more.

Grizz
    Gadsie, please ignore this guy.

Grizz, you are so full of shit. Gadsie is 16 years old. It is incredibly unlikely that he has a prostate issue. Iodine is not the magic cure for every ailment on the planet. It is much more likely that he is simply in the habit of drinking too much water, which (shocker!) leads to overly-frequent urination.

Gadsie, what does the color of your urine look like when you pee? Is it always clear and colorless? If so, you should think about drinking less water (drink only when you're actually thirsty). Not only just before bed, but throughout your day. And also maybe eating some salty food. Your urine should be noticeably yellow if you are not over-hydrated.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

oxide is offline Senior Member
    +1 uncephalized.

I was hoping to get to the thread before grizz, but I wasn't in time.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post

Grizz, you are so full of shit. Gadsie is 16 years old. It is incredibly unlikely that he has a prostate issue. Iodine is not the magic cure for every ailment on the planet. It is much more likely that he is simply in the habit of drinking too much water, which (shocker!) leads to overly-frequent urination.

Gadsie, what does the color of your urine look like when you pee? Is it always clear and colorless? If so, you should think about drinking less water (drink only when you're actually thirsty). Not only just before bed, but throughout your day. And also maybe eating some salty food. Your urine should be noticeably yellow if you are not over-hydrated.
    Thank you. Gadsie, this guy is a cookoo who believes that cavemen built Stonehenge, the government is deliberately poisoning us via airplane emissions, and that Melinda Gates is actively plotting to "depopulate" the world. Not a good source of info.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 07-22-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post

Hm yeah my urine is usually pretty much like water. And I often sip on water when I'm bored, so I will just drink when I'm thirsty, though I hardly ever am, probably because I'm drinking quite a lot and eat "a lot" of fruit. Just a CW habit
    Billie trips balls

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Thank you. Gadsie, this guy is a cookoo who believes that cavemen built Stonehenge, the government is deliberately poisoning us via airplane emissions, and that Melinda Gates is actively plotting to "depopulate" the world. Not a good source of info.
    Omg, is the illuminati coming?
    But no, I wasn't assuming that I have a swolen prostate because I'm peeing, or should I say urinating, a lot my entire life (:
    Billie trips balls

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    But no, I wasn't assuming that I have a swolen prostate because I'm peeing, or should I say urinating, a lot my entire life (:
    How about "micturating"? LOL

micturating - definition of micturating by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I'd guess your circadian rhythms are off, if you're waking up to do it.

Why you do it too much in general, though ...

I guess it's possible that your very high protein intake is a factor. You were going to take protein powder to Ireland, on the assumption that there isn't enough protein in that island, weren't you? Reminds me of the old Dean Martin joke: they said, "Drink Canada Dry," to him, so he went there and tried do it. (Pardon me for pulling your leg, but you don't seem to mind a joke, so I thought I would.)

I could imagine that your kidneys would need to eliminate quite a lot of waste nitrogenous material, and maybe that would make you go more often.

But that wouldn't explain why you have a life-long propensity.

You could try cutting to back to something more like 100 to 120 grammes of protein per day, which is ample and still likely more than you need, and make that from real food sources (i.e. not powders), and see if that makes a difference.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast