Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Waking up to pee page 2

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I had that problem when I was consciously low-carb. Now that IDGAF about sugar, I sleep soundly throughout the night.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    I had that problem when I was consciously low-carb. Now that IDGAF about sugar, I sleep soundly throughout the night.
    Well i had the problem before primal. And now I also get at LEAST 170g carbs but often over 250
    well then

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Unless it wakes you up to the point of not being able to go back to sleep, don't worry.
    Try no fluids for three hours before bed as a first step if you want to reduce.
    Don't try to 'stretch' your bladder out. It does nothing except strain it.
    Obey your desire to pee as you would your desire to drink: respond as the body demands unless there is something obviously wrong.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I had an anatomy teacher that said that some people answer the urge too quickly. If this isn't a medical problem, you may be able to "teach" yourself to go a little less often. When you feel the urge, instead of going immediately, hold it just a little longer - not a lot, we're not going for records. If you do this every time, you may be able to desensitize your bladder a little.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I had an anatomy teacher that said that some people answer the urge too quickly. If this isn't a medical problem, you may be able to "teach" yourself to go a little less often. When you feel the urge, instead of going immediately, hold it just a little longer - not a lot, we're not going for records. If you do this every time, you may be able to desensitize your bladder a little.
    Thanks, I'll try it
    well then

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    That sounds like bullshit.
    Pee when you feel like it.

Gads, don't try holding toxins in you. The urge to pee is natural - don't fight your body.
    I'll say 1-2 hours before sleep don't put anything in your mouth (only your toothbrush!).
    By the way, drink only water, as coffee&tea makes me pee.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    sounds more like a recipe for getting a uti.

to the op: if you haven't tried the most logical solution, which is eliminating fluid intake for a few hours before sleeping, um, well, why not?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    sounds more like a recipe for getting a uti.

to the op: if you haven't tried the most logical solution, which is eliminating fluid intake for a few hours before sleeping, um, well, why not?
    Well it actually wasn't until this morning that I thought "it would actually be nice to sleep 8 hours straight"
    well then

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Well it actually wasn't until this morning that I thought "it would actually be nice to sleep 8 hours straight"
    lol, ok, light dawns on marble-head.

funny, what we come to accept as "normal" for our own selves, huh?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    That sounds like bullshit.
    Pee when you feel like it.

Gads, don't try holding toxins in you. The urge to pee is natural - don't fight your body.
    I'll say 1-2 hours before sleep don't put anything in your mouth (only your toothbrush!).
    By the way, drink only water, as coffee&tea makes me pee.
    I know this guy who had appendicitis and when he had surgery the doctors told him his bladder was stretched out a lot. He them told the doctors that he only peed once a day. So it does help, but you're right it sounds very unhealthy
    well then

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast