Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't know how I should eat. Please help page

aek11 is offline Junior Member

Don't know how I should eat. Please help

First of all, I have many food intolerances (wheat, soy, dairy, garlic, all peppers except black, tomato, potatoes, eggs, cane sugar)

Then, I really cannot tolerate grains in general very well (digestion-wise). Also, fruit is difficult for me too, especially high sugar fruits. Let's just say all carbs in general are difficult for me to digest in general. I get bloated, gassy and constipated. My belly gets huge.

Then I tried going low on carbs including fruit, and I had no problems with gas and bloating. However, I had stomach aches instead (upper stomach). It would just be really acidic and painful.

WHat do I do???? It would be ideal if I could eat low carb without the stomach pains. Because another thing that happens when I eat fruit and starch (like sweet potatoes or winter squash even), I get uncontrollable food cravings. I just can't stop eating. Whereas without those foods, I feel satisfied and don't need to eat THAT much.

On low carb, I end up naturally eating about 1500 - 2000 calories. With fruit and starches, I end up eating 3000-4000 calories ( can't help it). And that's way too much for me (I'm a 5'3" 110 pound female).

Help!!! ANyone know why I get those stomach aches?

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    much of what bothers you isn't primal anyway.

for now, eliminate the fruit and starchy veg. you don't "need" either of them. eat leafy greens and cruciferous veg and meat for protein.

you may have a nightshade issue and you may have a fructose malabsorption issue. i'm not a doctor, nor do i play one on the interwebs.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

THanks for reply. But what I'm saying is when I eat green veggies and meat for protein, I get horrible stomach aches. Everything else is better with veggies and meat, except for the stomach aches. That's why I'm wondering if there is something I can do to eliminate that.

BlissfulWriter is offline Junior Member
    1. Should get tested for gluten intolerance and Celiac disease. Those tested positive need to eliminate all gluten. Gluten is hidden in many processed foods.

2. If that is not it, then considered low-FODMAP diet. Do a web search on it. Low-FODMAP diet have been known to help some people with Irritable Bowels Syndrome (IBS).

what kinds of veg do you actually eat? what's a typical day?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulWriter View Post
    1. Should get tested for gluten intolerance and Celiac disease. Those tested positive need to eliminate all gluten. Gluten is hidden in many processed foods.
    many with gluten "issues" test negative. anybody with ANY kind of digestive issue should cut out grains first and foremost.

Ernest Hemingway

I already know I'm gluten intolerant. Maybe I didn't explain correctly.

This is how I've been eating for the past couple years:
    Sweet potatoes, winter squash, lots of fruit, and meat, some green vegetables
    That caused a lot of problems. I usually do not eat wheat, grains or anything on my intolerant list. But the fruit and starchy vegetables cause bloating and gas.

So recently I tried to eliminate the starches and fruits, The bloating and gas went away. So I waseating non-starchy green veggies and meat. For example:
    lettuce, spinach, etc with salmon, duck, shrimp, etc

This caused extreme stomach pain (not the same as the bloating and gas in intestines but upper stomach pain) acidy burning, sharp pain.

Ideally I want to do just green veggies and protein because in every other way it's good, but I want to get rid of the stomach pain. I hope that makes things more clear. Thanks

I already cut out grains. I don't even eat pseudo grains like buckwheat because the starch just is not good to me.

Veggies I eat on a typical day are: spinach, lettuce, cabbage, those types.
    I don't do spices like onion, garlic, etc.
    I don't do beef, chicken, pork. SO my "meats" are fish, sashimi, duck, lamb, shrimp, lobster, crab, any seafood really.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Acid burning sharp pain could be acid reflux, or you could have some thing wrong with your stomach? My Father-in-law suffered from acid reflux for years, could harldly eat anything and practically lived on rennies, eventually he went to a decent doctor and had an endoscopy thingy (swallowed a camera on a pipe) and they found some kind of infection that he's had for years, massive does of antibiotics and he can eat what he likes now (and he's put on about 15 lbs LOL) So it's worth getting checked out by many people in white coats if you haven't already.

The only other thing I can think that may be an issue is not enough fat if you are just eating meat and veggies(depends on the cuts and how it's cooked) that could be causing digestion difficulties. Do you have gall bladder issues? are you eating a lot at once, or eating lots of small meals? You may just have to keep changing things and see what works for you.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Maybe you have an issue with raw veggies...try cutting out the lettuce and only doing cooked spinach, maybe kale too. Perhaps you have issues with shellfish---journal your foods and reactions for a few days!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast