Thread: 25 Days into my 30 Day Primal Living page

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member

25 Days into my 30 Day Primal Living

Shop Now
    Okay, so I'm 25 days into my 30 days of Primal Clean Living. Here's the skinny on the situation:

Female, 48 years young
    Starting Height: 5'10"
    Starting Weight: 161 lbs

Goal Weight: 140 lbs by September 30, 2012.

Day 25 Current statistics:
    Weight: 153.4 lbs
    Lost Inches: 5"

I thought I would share my thoughts and experiences on Day 25 of he 30 Day challenge. The ups, he downs, the highs the lows, the good, the bad and the ugly.

I've always been an avid athlete -- the crazy ultra kind of athlete. Two years ago, I started my Master's Degree and through a lack of exercise and stress, 10 lbs of weight has crept up -- I didn't feel good at my 161 lbs. Luckily, with some research, and enthusiasm to get things 'in check', I find myself in this forum.

The 30 Day challenge has not been difficult for me. I just woke up on June 24th and said to myself: "That's enough ---the buck stops here".....and going forward, I've followed, 100% the Primal Blueprint.

Kudos to Mark and all the Primal followers for your inspirational, real stories, and most of all, for your expertise. I remark daily to my husband, how many really knowledgeable individuals are on this site. For you, I am grateful and more healthier.

My weight loss has been a series of three major swooshes. I'll often go a week at the same weight, and then 'swoosh' --- down 3 lbs. I always feels the swooshes coming --- I'm very in tune with my body.

I've started two supplements -- Iodine and Magnesium and I felt the results immediately.

On a daily average, I'm eating 50% fats, 40% protein and 20% carbs. I always eat between 30-40 grams of carbs; 60-90 grams of protein and fats. I do not eat dairy, wheat, nor sugar. I drink 2 glasses of red wine per evening (some evenings no wine). I've been walking on average 30-40km per week.

I've dropped 1-1/2 dress sizes (from a size 12 to a size 10 on the bottoms and an 8 on the tops.)

I've lost 3" on my waist and 2" off my hips.

I'm feeling like my sexy, old self again. Everyone has noticed the changes and are complimentary in their comments (nice feeling).

I will finish my Masters in December 2012 and will then begin the body transformation. This means I will focus on weights and cardio and bring this body back to a place of competitiveness --- runs, triathlons etc.

My hope and goals is to move forward in life with a 'strong body'.

I don't miss wheat or sugar --- I have no cravings for anything. I don't cheat and the thought of 'fast food' makes me ill.

I attend weekly parties/social events and I manage the assortment of 'goodies' and tasty foods. I focus on sticking to my programme and I don't feel 'deprived' in any manner. My 'rewards' are daily in clothes that I now fit into, and the reward of wearing size 8 again by the fall. Rewards are not 'foods' for me. But then again, I've never had a positive nor negative relationship with foods. I feel for those individuals who do have a relationship with foods -- for you the journey is more challenging.

Thank you to those who post daily --- although i've been quiet, I have benefited from your experience and knowledge.

For those just starting their journey -- the road may not be greased in fat --- but my favourite saying is:

"Begin with the end in mind"...... You are what you believe you are.....no more....no less.

Let's stick with the journey, with the goal of health, fitness and longevity.

Cheers, all.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

showupeveryday is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for sharing Louisa - it's great to read your journey so far, and the effortlessness that has occurred is inspiring. I look forward to read more of your journey as you continue.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    That's awesome-congrats!!
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com