Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Burger Recipes page 2

wiltondeportes Guest
    Shop Now
    Beef w/ salt/pep/oregano, sauteed/carmelized onions, bleu cheese, whole apple cut in halves, lettuce wrap. Avocado, bacon, and cucumber are optional.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Beef and Beef Heart burgers

Stick some fresh beef heart in a food processor and process until you get a fine grind. I use the spinning lawn-mower-like knife thingy in the bottom of the container (not the round blades at the top).

Mix the ground heart into the ground beef, and cook how you will. Makes really beefy tasting burgers.

We mix it at (but not more than) 1/2 lb ground heart added to 1 lb of ground beef. Yummm...

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post
    I had some ground turkey the other day so I decided to whip up some "burgers". I couldn't get it to stay together for anything. Soooo sticky. I made the mistake of tossing in a bit of almond meal, but that made it worse! I ended up using a tbs of coconut flour and that did the trick along w some spices. They tasted great, but it was a pain!

Any suggestions?
    Here is A Burger Lab post on the topic: The Burger Lab: Turkey Burgers That Don't Suck | A Hamburger Today

My wife does them differently. She always adds an egg to the mixture. Along with tons of other spices. They're absolutely wonderful flavor-wise, but I bet the epplant trick from the above link would improve the texture.

The Burger Lab has a TON of great articles about all things burger: http://aht.seriouseats.com/the-burger-lab/
    The key points are to get freshly ground beef (ideally grind it yourself) and handle it gently, and use high heat the get a great crust.
    Last edited by yodiewan; 07-23-2012 at 07:26 AM.

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    We like to stuff our burgers and call them inside-out burgers! We season with cumin, quality salt and fresh ground pepper, cayenne, minced garlic, and dried onion then stuff with chopped onions, tomatoes, jalepenos,cheese, spinach or other greens, gr onions, olives etc. These are amazing also stuffed like a pizza! Use home-made pizza sauce, cheese, sausage or pepperoni, bacon etc. The ideas are endless, my hubs favorite is carmelized onions, blue cheese and fresh jalepenos!! Seriously you gotta try these. They are a meal in one but we usually serve on a bed of chopped lettuce with some home-made flavored mayo!

I made burgers the other night that were fantastic. I put approximately 2 chicken livers per patty, cumin, chili powder, pepper, and onions in it. Very good.

johnmjoy is offline Member

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    My best burger I have made was from wild duck, wild venison, pork shoulder (for the fat) all put thru the mincers then mixed with rosemary,onion, juniper berries, salt pepper and a bit of fine chopped bacon. Use to call it the freezer emptying burgers as it used up the left overs in the freezer prior to the next hunting season. This was from when we lived in new Zealand a couple of years ago, miss my hunting and, wild game..
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    1/2 lamb 1/2 beef, medium rare-medium
    top with roasted red peppers, feta or goat cheese, basil pesto, and garlic aioli, and wilted spinach
    OMG --- that sounds so good! what could be better than 1/2 beef 1/2 lamb! YUM! I'm going to find some ground lamb!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

MvEssen is offline Senior Member
    500gr Beefmince
    250gr Bacon
    100gr Sundried tomatoes (without oil)
    1 Onion
    1TB Powdered paprika
    1TB Worcestershire
    1TS Tabasco
    Salt & Pepper

Bacon, onion and sundried tomatoes in the food processor untill it's really small pieces but not yet puree. Mix everything together and voila.

Swarley is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MvEssen View Post
    500gr Beefmince
    250gr Bacon
    100gr Sundried tomatoes (without oil)
    1 Onion
    1TB Powdered paprika
    1TB Worcestershire
    1TS Tabasco
    Salt & Pepper

Bacon, onion and sundried tomatoes in the food processor untill it's really small pieces but not yet puree. Mix everything together and voila.
    PURE GENIUS!!! Doin' this tomorrow night!
    The greater the achievement the more difficult the path. The easy road is granted to those less fortunate as a consolation prize.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12