Thread: intermittent fasting and calories page

fatisyummy is offline Member

intermittent fasting and calories

Primal Fuel
    Interested in research relating to IF and calories. Specifically, are you more prone to losing weight if you eat the same number of calories IFing? Yes, I know you need to be in a deficit, and that some people find it easier to be in a deficit when IFing, but let's say all things being equal, in a deficit, is more weight lost by practicing intermittent fasting?

I'm trying it and finding that it does not naturally make it easier for me to keep calories low. I haven't been with it very long so I still get very hungry in the mornings and I'm just wondering if it's worth it!

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    go to lean gains.....Martin has done a post or two about this subject. Don't have time to find the exact posts but I know he has provided extensive research data on the above.

abc123 is offline Senior Member
    I would guess, the number that matters is the cumulative calorie count @ the end of the day.. HOWEVER, for me, intermittent fasting has allowed my gut to heal & digestive system to become more efficient.. So, for me, (an "IBS" sufferer, sugar-sensitive, starch sensitive, &/or "wrecked digestive system from years of SAD & overwhelming grain consumption from "bodybuilding") the less often I eat, the more efficient my body has become @ absorbing nutrients.. Could be summed as, the total number of calories will determine if your weight goes up or down; however, a healing digestive system (one that receives rest by intermittment fasting) absorbing nutrients efficiently will determine the quality of that weight gain or loss.. Just my "primal novice" conjecture
    Last edited by abc123; 07-20-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    See this thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27894.html . Read that along with part two and three. Fasting has more to offer than weight loss or what lean gains focuses on.