Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhausting first lift heavy things workout page 2

otzi Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofturtles View Post
    If primal was so right for you, then why would you not be able to work out sufficiently without adding non primal carbs to your diet? Seems odd to me. I constantly see this on the forums; people needing to bend the rules in order to do normal things.
    Non-primal carbs are sugar, flour, and grain...potatoes, rice, and fruit/veg carbs are primal.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    If primal was so right for you, then why would you not be able to work out sufficiently without adding non primal carbs to your diet? Seems odd to me. I constantly see this on the forums; people needing to bend the rules in order to do normal things.
    who said anything about non-primal carbs?! no, sir. (ma'am? i dunno...) anyway, i eat sweet potatoes, green plantains and fruit each and every day. i feel great. probably get around 100 grams of real carbs each and every day (i don't count greens and cucumbers like some sad souls around here). no bread, no sugar, no grains.

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    My understanding was that carbs were bad. Thats is why he wants you to stop eating so many of them. Turn your body from a carb/sugar burner into a fat burner. If you cut down carbs in order to burn fat, but then you you need to injext more carbs or else your body doesnt function properly as far as working out goes, it seems contradictory. Does it not? I know it isnt a 0 carb diet, it more like a 100 carb diet but, if people are needing more carbs because the "primal" diet isnt giving them the energy they need then obviously there is a flaw in the theory.

Its ilegal to rob a bank but, if you need money, its ok.

I am not trying to troll. I am trying to learn.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    My understanding was that carbs were bad. Thats is why he wants you to stop eating so many of them. Turn your body from a carb/sugar burner into a fat burner. If you cut down carbs in order to burn fat, but then you you need to injext more carbs or else your body doesnt function properly as far as working out goes, it seems contradictory. Does it not? I know it isnt a 0 carb diet, it more like a 100 carb diet but, if people are needing more carbs because the "primal" diet isnt giving them the energy they need then obviously there is a flaw in the theory.

Its ilegal to rob a bank but, if you need money, its ok.

I am not trying to troll. I am trying to learn.
    have you read the book? i have my quibbles with things mark says, often he has more polished version on the blog, but 'carbs are bad' is just far too simplistic.

if you eat 100 grams of carb a day (advocated in both the book & the blog - read them), you're getting 400 calories from carbs. since i burn about 2200-2400 cals a day, i'm still deriving most of my energy from fat. it's not an either/or (fat/carbs).

Jiigigaw is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    if you eat 100 grams of carb a day (advocated in both the book & the blog - read them), you're getting 400 calories from carbs. since i burn about 2200-2400 cals a day, i'm still deriving most of my energy from fat. it's not an either/or (fat/carbs).
    This.

Not eating chips, bread, rice, candy, etc does not mean that you are not eating carbs. I run about 75g a day personally, as that was my sweet spot for my activity level. I will eat a bit heavier carb load after a hard workout, but unless you are eating a lot more carbs than what Mark recommends, you will be burning fat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12