Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vibram Five Fingers Fitting? page 3

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Found my vibs hard to get on in the beginning. I think it is just the more the put it on, the easier it becomes type thing.

Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member
    When I looked at some the part that goes over your foot didn't have clearance. My feet wouldn't even fit in them. Really hope losing weight shrinks them enough to fit...I'd like to get Vibram. My sister is coming back from MA soon and when I get a camera I'll post a picture lol.

I plan on going to a Vibram store nearby at some point and hope they can give me a good foot measurement. I plan on e-mailing my measurement to Vibram and asking them if any of their shoes will fit me. Maybe if people with my type feet keep asking they will make a new model that works...or maybe weight loss will make my feet small enough for it...not sure how much chance there is of that I don't think people generally lose much on their feet.
    Height: 6'1"
    Primal start date: July 1st 2011
    Start Weight: 275
    Current Weight: 248
    Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087
    Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
    Total lost so far: 27 lbs

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for that Raiken, haven't checked this blog for a while and see that you have commented. yes I do agree... the cold can be good for you, however.... -5 degrees is a jolly hard frost down here in New Zealand, and my toes freeze BIG TIME..... and they get numb, which adds to the fun, so ....... it easier to go a little later in the day.
    I am heading to Austrailia next friday for a whole week and am so looking forward to some vitamin D and a liitle barefoot running in the sand !!!
    Rock on .....
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member
    I recently started doing Cold Baths...man it lowers your blood sugar. I never realized it did this somehow....I probably read it in some post ...but it works great. I ate maple syrup with bacon 2 different types of honey 1 with propolis and royal jelly and one plain. Also a big fruit smoothy with at least 2 cups of milk didn't measure half a cup of water kefir fermented 3 days so most of the sugar was gone on that I think.

Anyway at the 1 hour mark instead of having my blood sugar up it was down 10 points. Maybe it doesn't work this way but if the cold can lower your blood sugar like that than maybe I didn't have the insulin release and things that normally happen with a decent sized sugar load. Insulin is pumped out to lower blood sugar so if something else lowered it...

I need to go read because I'm still not sure of the mechanism. Whether my body just sucked all that sugar up to use to keep me warm or what. I just know the numbers...it sounds like a potentially very good thing though. For some reason you have sky high glucose numbers you get into a cold bath and wham. Maybe this isn't as good as I'm thinking...but its sure interesting.
    Height: 6'1"
    Primal start date: July 1st 2011
    Start Weight: 275
    Current Weight: 248
    Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087
    Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
    Total lost so far: 27 lbs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123