Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You Are Your Own Gym - ideas? page

Sooze is offline Member

You Are Your Own Gym - ideas?

Primal Fuel
    Hi,

I want to start this program (cool app!) based on the forum recommendations I saw here..
    looking for ideas to alternate "equipment". I don't think our doors/doorknobs are strong enough for Let Me Ins, and I don't have a strong coffee table/picnic table etc for Let Me Ups. Ideas? Hubby said he could make something with wood, or mount some kind of bar, but that could take days for him to find time/material, and I'm ready to start

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    For let me ins I sometimes wrap a towel around a veranda post, or off hotel door knobs, try it and see how you go. I have done let me ups off a hotel dinner table or go to the hardware store and buy a bit of 1.5" timber dowl, or broome stick and put between two chairs, filing cabinets or as in ML book stereo speakers or buy a door pull up bar and mount it low enough to do let me ups and latter at the right height for pull ups. I have got a set of gym rings at home and use these for let me ups, dips etc, great bit of kit for YAYOG workouts.

Or just start on the legs, you can also sub in other exercise's in place of those two, maybe towel curls in place of let me ins

Cheers
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

http://www.preiswerteinkaufen.org/im..._62637_500.jpg

Buy something like this and use Ropes and hooks to use it for Let me Ins and Let me Ups. And you will need a Pull-Up Bar anyway.

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Where would I find this app?

Did you just do a google search?

Richard

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    It's on iTunes or google play best $2 that you will spend. I think there is also a link from his web site

Welcome to You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible of Bodyweight Exercises by Mark Lauren

He also has a forum so you will be able to post questions about subs for let me ins/ups
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

Thanks

Is there different versions?

Richard

I went to the android app store and searched for it and it says it doesnt exist. Suggestions?

Sooze is offline Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to use a towel around a 'pillar' in my house, and a broom w/2 chairs Can't wait to get started. Of course, went to download the app on my phone today (had downloaded it before, but on hubby's phone!) and iTunes was down. Hoping to start tonight, or tomorrow morning.

Richardmac - are you sure you typed it in right? I just Googled android app and found this online: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...os.yayog&hl=en

DashFire is offline Senior Member
    Sooze. Hi and welcome to the forums. Thanks for starting this post, as I've been wondering the same thing. Starting YAYOG soon, but have no idea what to do about let me ups. Also hadn't thought of using a towel around a post, so that's helpful. Look forward to hearing about your progress.
    My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    App looks good, I want to start ficking through different classes but does it then assume you have done it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast