Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You Are Your Own Gym - ideas? page 2

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    App looks good, I want to start ficking through different classes but does it then assume you have done it?
    You just click " don't save" and it reverts to zero.
    I enjoy my circuit training classes at the gym but downloaded this app as I was curious.

Like the way it talks to you and tells you how many reps to do and then how long to rest.
    Good if you like interaction and as the no of reps and rest time varies it seems more interesting than just doing my normal reps.
    Plus good that you can choose the exercises that you prefer to do. Wouldn't trust my house for some of the moves, I would probably pull the door of its hinges. That's not my strength but our paper thin doors.
    Good app, would recommend.

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Thanks annedawso

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    The book explains all the exercises and the program in great detail with excellent photos!
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    The book is good, wish I bought it hard copy instead of kindle.

What would be perfect is an app that had videos showing the movements, not just photos.

Is that asking too much? lol (no, seriously, I would PAY for it)

Sooze is offline Member
    At least on my version, you can 'restart' the workout, so it wipes clean the assumption you've done it.

I tried the towel around the post. Ow. My wrists still hurt from grasping. The door knob would be so much easier, if only they wouldn't break apart from being cheap! The broom handle isn't strong enough to hold me (and I'm 150 lbs..) - maybe I can try a shovel from the garage but I'm afraid I'll slip and cut my head off I think I'm going to have to either order a bar to install, or just break down and order like a Power Tower or something!

Sooze is offline Member
    on a positive note, it is a killer workout.. I felt amazing afterward.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
    I tried the towel around the post. Ow. My wrists still hurt from grasping. The door knob would be so much easier, if only they wouldn't break apart from being cheap! The broom handle isn't strong enough to hold me (and I'm 150 lbs..)
    Don't be so sure about the door knob -- I tried that and had trouble with my hands slipping. Proceeded to wrap a towel around the door handles as shown in the book, and have carried on happily ever since. Your wrists/forearms will get stronger.

As for the broom handle, how about replacing it with a dowel (curtain rod??) from Home Depot?
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
    p I think I'm going to have to either order a bar to install, or just break down and order like a Power Tower or something!
    Have you got somewhere to hang a set of adjustable gym rings (cheap option), these let you do most of the YAYOG movements for the basic program and add in more challenge due to the instability of the rings. I have a set on the back porch and throw in a few moves most days (pull ups, hanging leg raises, pushups etc)
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

Sooze is offline Member
    Maybe- not a bad idea! I was even thinking that a stretch band around the post would be easier on the wrists.. hubby says it's too instable, but like you said it adds challenge.

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have the book, the program rocks! Just thought I would add that as I have nothing else to add to the good suggestions ( I have employed a few myself).
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast