Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crappin' primally page 3

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ummmm wow.... lol

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    One of my treats is red wine. I find that after a few glasses, my bowels really loosen up. I drink three times a week and am still keeping calories down to lose weight, so I'm fine with the results.
    Do you mind telling me how u manage to lose weight while drinking red wine a week?

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Just took my first squat crap in yeearrs. It was...glorious.

Used a plastic office bin and a ice bucket as my supports and released with the oomph i was after

Granted the sauerkraut probably helped peristalisis, i think this experience has given me the fuel to pursue building a platform and taking it from there. Goodbye to the conventional toilet seat methinks.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
    Do you mind telling me how u manage to lose weight while drinking red wine a week?
    When I started out I ate foods that were on the way to being primal. Didn't lose any weight as my intake was high. Decided to count calories. On Wednesday I knew I was going for a blow out with friends who were retiring from the school I worked at. I counted calories, pre ordered my olives, steak & spinach with mushroom sauce, strawberries, double espresso and bottle of red wine. That combined with breakfast and lunch came to 1800 calories.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    I don't know why manufacturers don't already make standard toilet bowls just slightly lower. I mean, why has the standard height become the standard height, if it's wrong? It would also be easier for people with kids to toilet train them.

Balancing on a standard toilet seat sounds kinda dangerous, I don't think I would bother. Since I heard about how much easier squatting is I've gotten into the habit of having my feet on tiptoes just to improve the angle a bit. I guess if you really need that angle to be more acute you could just sit on the seat and hug your knees - abs workout while you poop!

I dunno if it makes a difference. I think the real difference in pooping comes with a change to Primal. I'm currently eating a very low-fiber version, similar to the GAPS diet, and I do teeny tiny infrequent poops. Sometimes I have a pee and am genuinely surprised when a sliver of poop appears, I think to myself 'oh hello poop, I wasn't expecting you!'

Thanks for sharing, I love to share poop stories on the internet
    Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
    Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
    Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
    Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveWeirdo View Post
    I don't know why manufacturers don't already make standard toilet bowls just slightly lower. I mean, why has the standard height become the standard height, if it's wrong? It would also be easier for people with kids to toilet train them.

Balancing on a standard toilet seat sounds kinda dangerous, I don't think I would bother. Since I heard about how much easier squatting is I've gotten into the habit of having my feet on tiptoes just to improve the angle a bit. I guess if you really need that angle to be more acute you could just sit on the seat and hug your knees - abs workout while you poop!

I dunno if it makes a difference. I think the real difference in pooping comes with a change to Primal. I'm currently eating a very low-fiber version, similar to the GAPS diet, and I do teeny tiny infrequent poops. Sometimes I have a pee and am genuinely surprised when a sliver of poop appears, I think to myself 'oh hello poop, I wasn't expecting you!'

Thanks for sharing, I love to share poop stories on the internet
    Once, many years ago, on a return trip from India, where squat pooping is standard, I found myself on a plane flying home. Even under the best of circumstances, sometimes crossing time zones can knock you off a normal poop pattern. So, I HAD to squat to get things moving again. From the homes of the wealthy to the poor, people stoop to poop in India. Only nice hotels & the most modern built homes of rich Indians who have studied or done a lot of business in the West have modern toilets. Anyhoo, my bowels were still thinking "India" while the rest of my body was elsewhere, in the air. Bottom-line, balancing one's feet on top of the toilet works. It's squatting to poop. But it does require a balancing act & I recommend holding onto a rod or a wall for support. Never have but don't ever want to fall in, LOL!
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    I also have wine throughout my week and continue to lose 1-2 lbs per week. I also count calories and stay <1400 per day.....with 30-40 grams of carbs. It's like Sesame Street --- The Count counts!
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    If I had to guess why toilets are getting taller, I'd guess that it's because we baby boomers are getting older and getting on and off a toilet is easier the taller it is.

I'm surprised they don't make one that gently tips to ease the dismount. hahahahaha (Sorry, I know it's bad form to laugh at one's own jokes, but I cracked myself up with that one.)

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    This has got to be one of the funniest threads I've read. I have to weigh in here. No matter where you put your feet to poop if your having issues pooping its because something is going on higher up. Namely where all your poop process begins its progress. First let's look at how fast you're eating? Are you taking your time to chew your food into particles small enough to effectively be processes? We are in such a hurry now that's its very common to wolf down our food so fast that we barely begin to break down food with the mixture of our salivary enzymes and the food itself in the mouth. Chew your food enjoy the flavor have a seat while you eat and relax.

The second stop is our stomach. I've made reference to this in other posts but a big issue with our stomach is the level of stomach acid we have. Low stomach acid and high stomach acid have virtually the exact same symptoms but when some one has heart burn what's the first thing we reach for? An antacid. Chances are that while high stomach acid does occur, because you're also experiencing constipation, you probably have low stomach acid. There is a very simple (painless) test that you can do and along with propping your feet up on the far wall whilst bearing down to cause the water from the toilet to lift you off the seat with the back water pressure you create.

Google HCL stomach acid test. I'm currently doing one and have found my stomach acid to be quite low. After 4 days I have already noticed a considerable difference in elimination. From low volume, stinky, got a strangle hold on your colon poops to relaxed, healthy no stinky ahhhhhh kind of poops.

Try it out. It's a lot easier to explain to the Inlaws than a pooping step.
    Last edited by Iron Will; 07-22-2012 at 03:55 PM.

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Haha, well i've gone twice now with squatting at home, both were pleasent eliminations, so Iron Will whilst i believe you raise good points, it doesn't change the fact that squatting imo seems to be the most efficient way to eliminate. Won't cure all your problems, but for me personally i think it's the way to go from now. Only problem is how do i defecate at work...i'm an engineer so i'll try work something out

Will try those somach acid tests too though as i am generally curious about my levels.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast