Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Candida die off page 8

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by it1958 View Post
    Horsewoman, perhaps you need to check out the other ingredients in the shampoo.

I've been using baking soda as my shampoo for months now but just read an article that states shampoos generally are made from detergent which is harsh on our hair and scalps while soaps are made from natural fats, like coconut oil.

Simpler, more Paleo, is best, I'm finding...
    There was nothing else in it except things I know I don't react to and use regularly without any problem. It was a very mild sulphate and paraben free baby shampoo.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsewoman View Post
    Hmm and does that also explain why grapefruit seed extract as a preservative in shampoo caused my scalp to become itchy and irritated?
    It could. GSE is a really powerful yeast killing product. It actually can be too harsh if taken internally because it can kill off the good bacteria as well, a lot of folks can't hang with it.

I do know that when I was "detoxing" from candida, I do get three symptoms: Little clumps of whatever it is oozing from my scalp, somtimes causing sores if I scratch (or brush) them off, peeling of my feet and a "more than normal" vaginal discharge (sorry about the TMI). Interestingly last month I did a Whole 30 and all of these issues went up at first, but then started clearing up and as of now have almost completely cleared up (and they were pretty mild before that as I'm not eating much crap, if any).
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    It could. GSE is a really powerful yeast killing product. It actually can be too harsh if taken internally because it can kill off the good bacteria as well, a lot of folks can't hang with it.

I do know that when I was "detoxing" from candida, I do get three symptoms: Little clumps of whatever it is oozing from my scalp, somtimes causing sores if I scratch (or brush) them off, peeling of my feet and a "more than normal" vaginal discharge (sorry about the TMI). Interestingly last month I did a Whole 30 and all of these issues went up at first, but then started clearing up and as of now have almost completely cleared up (and they were pretty mild before that as I'm not eating much crap, if any).
    I vreact to most hair products with scalp dermatitis. Have been wondering why it's come back a bit the last few weeks even though I am using the products I have found that are okay. Been doing a whole30.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    Ive had some really bad die off the last 5 days or so. Anyone else recently had some?

Ive been on a candida diet for the last 6 months: no sugar, no high carb veg, no grains, no fruit, etc. really strict 99% of the time. Been taking 5tbsp of coconut oil a day as a moderate antifungal. Im following Bee Wilders program. ...she says CO is the only antifungal you need. I havnt felt that Ive been making any remarkable progress for a while now so I decided to get myself some Grapeseed Extract and Oil of Oregano. the GSE didnt cause much dieoff symptoms but after a few days of the OoO (3-4drops a day) holy s**t!!! feel like absolute crap... headaches, body aches, swollen lymph nodes, tiredness, chills, fever at night, etc etc really really terrible.

Ive stopped all antifungals until my body gets back to normal... then ill reintroduce them again BUT starting with smaller doses (eg 1 drop a day) and increase it slowly. I think I might have gone too hard too soon.

It is exciting in a way to know that the antifungals do have such a strong effect. There must be some intense yeast down there in my colon and other areas to.

ozb

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I'll not pretend to understand most of what is in this thread (or rather I'll pretend to not understand it), but if a herxheimer reaction is simply a worsening of a condition before it is cured, then I have experienced it with rotavirus as a child.
    On the other hand, it gave me an unplanned week long fast.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbuckley View Post
    ...Ive been on a candida diet for the last 6 months: no sugar, no high carb veg, no grains, no fruit, etc. really strict 99% of the time. Been taking 5tbsp of coconut oil a day as a moderate antifungal. Im following Bee Wilders program. ...she says CO is the only antifungal you need. I havnt felt that Ive been making any remarkable progress for a while now ... [snip]

ozb
    Hey ozb...

Bee believes in slow but sure. She says "more is not better". There is a reason for this. Perhaps you are smart enough to get back on the wagon but if others experienced that kind of reaction (recall Bee no longer believes candida can be "killed off" but must be changed back in to the organism it was before the change), they would stop treatment altogether and call the pgm a failure.

I hope you'll continue to spend time on her forum and reading her articles to see what it is she believes and why and know it is the best pgm to follow and that you don't need anything else.

To your improving health...

Karen

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    Just curious, but could die-off (or whatever its called) show as a rash or hives?
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexK View Post
    As far as I have been able to determine, there's no such thing as a chronic C. Aldans infection--only acute C. Aldans infections such as thrush or a "yeast infection." Under normal circumstances, your immune system handles C. Aldans just fine. A yeast infection is symptomatic of C. Aldans outgrowth and is sometimes indicative of immunosupression. I'd highly advise getting antifungals to handle your current issue.

If a doctor has told you that you have "systemic candida", then I'd advise getting a new doctor--that's not a plausible diagnosis. I'd suggest that the reason your years of "treatments" haven't worked is because there's nothing to treat.

Sorry, but I must disagree with you. Systemic yeast infection is a real thing.

If your doctor refuses to acknowledge the possibility, I suggest getting a different doctor.

A yeast infection can be a chronic condition. Many people--almost most people--encounter a yeast problem and do nothing about it because it doesn't really bother them. It grows and spreads in the body. In time many systems are in trouble. That is why many with yeast problems suffer from a set of dandruff, 'jock itch', vaginal infections, athlete's foot, eczema, sinus problems, inflammation, etc, etc, ---an insidious critter. Many say that it should take about as long to eliminate as it took to grow throughout your body. I don't agree wholeheartedly with that. Thing is that no treatment will be good if you continue to eat the same way. Basically, eschew sugars, grains, many fruits. More to it than that but that is the simple line. Especially avoid anti-biotics.

Did you know that many apparent cancers are also a yeast problem? One that some medical gurus recognize but treat as the cancer it resembles because that brings in more money. I actually saw something like that during my years as a nurse.

Back to the die-off question. I had that recur over about a year and a half. What seemed to be happening was that one part of my body was clearing at a time. Oh, there was improvement all over during my treatment, but not every system was totally 'cleaned' at the same time.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbuckley View Post
    Ive had some really bad die off the last 5 days or so. Anyone else recently had some?

Ive been on a candida diet for the last 6 months: no sugar, no high carb veg, no grains, no fruit, etc. really strict 99% of the time. Been taking 5tbsp of coconut oil a day as a moderate antifungal. Im following Bee Wilders program. ...she says CO is the only antifungal you need. I havnt felt that Ive been making any remarkable progress for a while now so I decided to get myself some Grapeseed Extract and Oil of Oregano. the GSE didnt cause much dieoff symptoms but after a few days of the OoO (3-4drops a day) holy s**t!!! feel like absolute crap... headaches, body aches, swollen lymph nodes, tiredness, chills, fever at night, etc etc really really terrible.

Ive stopped all antifungals until my body gets back to normal... then ill reintroduce them again BUT starting with smaller doses (eg 1 drop a day) and increase it slowly. I think I might have gone too hard too soon.

It is exciting in a way to know that the antifungals do have such a strong effect. There must be some intense yeast down there in my colon and other areas to.

ozb
    Bee Wilder has a nice program. I have used---still use---Doug Kaufman's system. I think the major difference between the two is that Doug's routine calls for alternating the anti-fungals every month or so. Grape seed extract this month, caprylic acid next month, and so on. Works for me.

Kaylee99: a rash could be a symptom of candida die-off.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

huntergirlhayden is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Don't know if it's been suggested but using plain yogurt in place of OTC medications, like creams works well. Also taking a probiotic helps, I saw someone mention that, with the yogurt, get whatever is cheap and plain, for once full fat isn't necessary on primal! Let it come to room temp, unless you like your nethers cold. Place a thick layer of it on your nethers and sit on a towel for about 30 mintues. Then shower, just rinse it off. I fought a pretty severe battle for about 2 months a few years back, I did this with the yogurt, got a good probiotic and also went on the raw diet for a while and it cleared up and hasn't come back.
    "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
    Denis Waitley

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast