Thread: Feeling horrible, help? page

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member

Feeling horrible, help?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey y'all,

I thought I could get some help figuring out why I feel so terrible right now. My stomach is totally torn up and I feel like puking.

I've been eating lots of protein and fat and low to moderate carbs for the past two weeks since going primal. Today I just didn't feel like cooking and so I caved in to a breakfast of a bowl of maple flavored instant oatmeal. Then for lunch I had a single mango. So pretty crappy meals so far. For dinner I made a salad consisting of romaine hearts, crumbled bacon, and sliced avocado, topped with -admittedly- crappy "Sweet Honey Catalina" salad dressing. My husband made coffee after dinner and I had about 6 oz of coffee liberally mixed with heavy cream. Immediately after drinking it my stomach cramped up badly and I feel AWFUL. I've never had a problem with dairy but have not had much in the past 2 weeks.

I was feeling blah all day, I think from just the carbs and no protein or fat, total opposite of how I've been eating for 2 weeks. But getting this horrible unrelenting stomach cramp after the coffee makes me wonder if I'm having a reaction to the cream. Or maybe the coffee? Help?

Also, how can I help this to go away ASAP? Drink water and lay down? I briefly considered making myself throw up (in desperation) but I don't want to engage in an unhealthy behavior and so I'm just trying to wait it out.

Thanks for any help,
    Jenny
    Last edited by aix_sponsa; 07-19-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    That's probably just a ton of fiber all of a sudden. Have a good poop.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

LOL! Maybe... thanks for the reply.

Still torn up 2 hours later. Ate 2 gas relief chewable tablets to see if that would help an hour ago but they did nothing. Weird. I'm going to go for a walk to see if that helps. Oh well...

Jenny

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Try activated charcoal tablets, and fast til you feel better. Like an animal I always fast initially when I feel sick, until natural hunger calls. If that doesn't work, you could try ground psyillium seeds, not husks & like Knifegill said, you ought to pass "it" out on the toilet.

I guess eating clean for 2 wks, then overindulging caused your formerly happy digestive system to revolt.

Btw, I've made myself throw up once, the fingers down the throat trick. But that was once when I knew I just ate something bad & I couldn't afford to get sick as I had a flight to catch overseas. It's not a outright "bad" thing to do, "if" its not part of a past or current eating disorder type scenario.
    Last edited by Betorq; 07-19-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to eat much better tomorrow and ditch the coffee & cream for a while to see if that helps. And you're right about vomiting. I guess, as a girl especially, we learn to associate voluntary vomiting with abnormal behaviors/eating disorders. But as animals, I think we know innately from our bodies "I just ingested something I shouldn't have and I need to get it out".

The last time I made myself vomit voluntarily was when I had a bottle of Smirnoff Ice one night a year ago and such terrible abdominal pains overcame me that I thought I was DYING! Made it come up, and felt better. Never touched that stuff since.

Jenny