Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are Mark's stats? page

Oxboy is offline Junior Member

What are Mark's stats?

Primal Fuel
    I'm sure this was covered somewhere previously...could somebody kindly link me or post Mark's stats?

Blood pressure
    Trigs
    Cholesterol numbers
    BMI

etc etc etc

Thank you.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    36, 24, 36.....hahah....only if she's 5'3"

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I seem to remember a blog post a while back about his health and that all his numbers were great. BMI though - seriously?
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Does it matter? If Mark dies of a massive cardiac event today would all this research and better health just disappear? No. Hearts are damaged very much by genetic susceptibility and stress - and Mark designed his Primal Blueprint ( I believe) with his own weaknesses in mind. He's a tense, stressed and driven person. This has as much impact on his heart as anything else would. That's part of why he has PLAY in the PB, in my opinion. Some people, like me, play all the time. We don't need to write it down, or study it, or try to pencil it in. It happens when we are walking down a hall and decide to do something goofy to a coworker. We don't need it in a blueprint because it's already there. But for tense people, adopting a habit of play will be critical in reducing stress. So I don't care what Mark's stats are, because I am not Mark and his numbers exist in the vacuum of his own life.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Oxboy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Does it matter? If Mark dies of a massive cardiac event today would all this research and better health just disappear? No. Hearts are damaged very much by genetic susceptibility and stress - and Mark designed his Primal Blueprint ( I believe) with his own weaknesses in mind. He's a tense, stressed and driven person. This has as much impact on his heart as anything else would. That's part of why he has PLAY in the PB, in my opinion. Some people, like me, play all the time. We don't need to write it down, or study it, or try to pencil it in. It happens when we are walking down a hall and decide to do something goofy to a coworker. We don't need it in a blueprint because it's already there. But for tense people, adopting a habit of play will be critical in reducing stress. So I don't care what Mark's stats are, because I am not Mark and his numbers exist in the vacuum of his own life.
    I would like to know what the founder of this movement's stats are. It is not asking too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxboy View Post
    I would like to know what the founder of this movement's stats are. It is not asking too much.
    If he has made it public I'm sure you can google it. If not ...oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    I seem to remember a blog post a while back about his health and that all his numbers were great. BMI though - seriously?
    Yeah, BMI is probably obese judging by his picture ......thats not even a joke.

Paleobird Guest
    I've seen him in swim trunks in a hot tub (PrimalCon). I would say his stats are just fiiiiiiiine.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxboy View Post
    Why? The WOE makes sense, based on anthropological evidence and the eating habits of just a few generations ago~ If his stats aren't *textbook* well, maybe the textbook is wrong!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Why not email Mark and ask him instead of asking a bunch of people on a message board?

Also, I'm pretty sure you can do a Google search for the post where he talks about his health markers, so I'm not going to do it for you.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast