Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post pregnancy Weight loss issues page 2

croll is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgray513 View Post
    It seems common to hold on to extra fat until you stop breastfeeding which sounds so crazy!
    I was just looking for some tips or experiences other moms have had getting their body back! I'll be more patient!
    It's not crazy. Your body is doing incredible things! I would caution against IF.. your body needs that nutrition for your supply. You cooked an amazing baby human for nine months and that takes it toll on your body. I was over 30 when I had my children (3) and I am almost 43 and I struggled with my tummy for the longest time. My body will never be the same as it was prepregnancy and I've finally accepted that. Hang in there!

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    Don't IF. just focus on eating healthy and taking some walks with your new baby maybe late afternoons i found it was best it settles them and the afternoons/evenings tend to be the "witching hour". Now is the time for healing and bonding. I hated hearing it too, but its the truth (im 15months pp).

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    you just sort of have to let it go.

just eat, move, sleep as much as you can, and take care of your baby.

it doesn't matter if the 5 lbs is showing a lot or not. I seriously looked like a "wears a size 14/16" from my chest up, and a "wears a size 4/6" from the chest down. It made no stinking sense, and there was nothing I could do about it. I finally, finally, happened upon an article on kellymom that said that this was one of the unique adaptations, and my body was storing that fat for milk making.

It wasn't comforting or anything, because I still looked terrible (imo), but at least I knew I was within realms of normal.

cookie is offline Senior Member
    Thanks ladies. I think I'm going to try IF 12 hrs. Does sleep count? Obviously I don't want it to affect my milk supply so we will see how it goes. So far my recent diet changes I've made are, no fruit, nuts, honey.

Bfast: 3eggs scrambled in ghee & a side of sauerkraut
    Lunch: leftovers, one meatball & tomatoe sauce
    2nd lunch: 2 shredded chk breasts, greens, marinated artichokes & tomatoes (would have added avocado but was out)
    Dinner: coconut milk cauli-rice & a ginger citrus chk stir fry

Today
    Bfast: same as the day before, 3scrambled eggs in ghee, sauerkraut
    Lunch: dinner left overs, coconut milk cauli-rice & chk
    Midday: a glass of goat milk kefir
    Dinner: cinnamon beef stew(from well-fed, sooo good!) & sweet potato parsnip mash, steamed brocc

not to sound like a jerk, but i think doing IF is a really bad idea for a breastfeeding mommy. you're only 9 weeks in? your milk supply WILL be effected. if not now, then down the road. your body is recording your eating habits right now to use later.
    if i would do anything to your already clean diet, i would get a chicken breast out of your second lunch. it doesn't look like you are eating poorly at all, but it does look like you are eating a lot. try cutting your second lunch into a snack rather than a meal. this might help you lose more slowly.
    i'm breastfeeding a 12 week old right now. from mommy to mommy, please hear: do not IF.
    be patient. not everyone (NOT MANY) lose weight before 12 weeks. i would wait until your baby is 3 months old, then IF.
    really, you need to protect that milk supply!

best to you and your new family!

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    you are being impatient. Give yourself a break, you just had a baby! I don't have any experience in the matter, so maybe others can chime in, but honestly you are doing much better than most post-baby women would be at this point.
    this.

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    You are doing great! Keep it up!

My youngest is a year and a half, and I am finally down (way down) under my pre-pregnancy weight. In fact, I'm under my pre-pregnancy weight from my oldest (9 years).

Try to relax about the weight, and just eat what you feel you need to eat, when you need to. You will get there.

Congrats on the new baby
    Journal

Starting: 207lbs | Current: 176lbs | Mini-goal: 172lbs | Ultimate Goal: 130lbs

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely do not IF. Combining that with breastfeeding is a bad, bad combo. Really, listen to the other moms on here and RELAX. Your body will not just bounce back with a snap of the fingers. Unless you are blessed with a 9 weeker that magically sleeps through the night, your body will be stressed with fatigue, and hold on to weight for a bit. Give this some time and it will come off.

AEBoda is offline Junior Member
    So glad to hear you're going to me more patient! Give yourself time and grace little mama! Nursing/Becoming a Mom/No sleep is so hard to adjust to. It will come off in time. Until then enjoy your baby and sleep when you can!
    I definetly don't think I'm undereating, my portions are huge! I can sense very well when my body needs more food & breastmilk is plentiful. 5 pounds doesn't sound like a lot to some ppl but I'm very small framed and 5 pounds shows on me. I'm hardly concerned with the number, it's just about getting rid of this extra fat I didn't have before and regaining muscle! It seems common to hold on to extra fat until you stop breastfeeding which sounds so crazy!
    I was just looking for some tips or experiences other moms have had getting their body back! I'll be more patient!

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicsamm View Post
    Do NOT IF. As a nursing mother, that should be your main focus. You don't want to jeopardize your milk supply and your baby's health for those last few pounds, no matter how frustrating it is. Eat lots of fats, proteins and good carbs (yes really!) It's possible that your body might be one of those that holds onto the last few pounds until you're done nursing. I kept 15lbs until my children weaned and then it just fell off, less than a month, without doing anything different.
    This x10. Also, pregnancy and childbirth are hard on your body. Give yourself time to heal before you worry about getting back into pre-pregnancy shape. 9 weeks is not enough time. My son was a year old before I felt like myself again.

KellyS is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicsamm View Post
    Do NOT IF. As a nursing mother, that should be your main focus. You don't want to jeopardize your milk supply and your baby's health for those last few pounds, no matter how frustrating it is. Eat lots of fats, proteins and good carbs (yes really!) It's possible that your body might be one of those that holds onto the last few pounds until you're done nursing. I kept 15lbs until my children weaned and then it just fell off, less than a month, without doing anything different.
    What she said. It takes 9 months to put the weight on, it takes at least 9 months to take it off. I gave birth to my second 12 months ago. I have just gotten back into my size 2's, but I am still seriously skinny fat. I am still nursing my son though. With my first child my body just wouldn't let go of the fat until I was completely finished nursing. just enjoy your time nursing and try not to focus too much on getting that pre-pregnancy body back yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12