Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super low carbs? page 2

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think I agree with you, OP. I feel better when I am at 50g or lower. The days when I have more, even if it's the good stuff (squash, sweet potatoes) I feel hungry more often. Generally craving more meat. I've also noted more of a slow creep back of a couple of lbs.

So, I think I will keep myself more in the 50g or less range.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've plateaued twice in the last 6 months, both times when I tried adding back in some dark chocolate or fruit. I've finally made peace with the fact that I need to stay under 20g or so a day. I don't really count carbs, I just stay as low as I can. No fruit, no sugar, no chocolate, no nothing. Only meat, eggs, vegetables, and butter.

I do feel a little deprived, but since I made the switch back to VLC 2 weeks ago, I've lost 10lbs. I'd been at a plateau for a full month before that. Also, today is the second day of my period and I just woke up 2lbs lighter. Tell me that's not a Christmas miracle. I don't think that has ever happened to me in the entire history of periods.

So anyway, yes, I want to be able to eat bananas, but ketosis is the diet for me. And it's not honestly that bad. I'm eating pork rinds for breakfast right now because I'm classy like that. And in another week or so I'm going to start weekly carb-ups, which are most likely going to involve ice cream (my favorite treat). Excited for that.

[Edit to add] I also definitely experience more and worse carb cravings the more carbs I eat. It's a very slippery slope, and I find it's better to just stay far away. My body doesn't need much encouragement to go back to sugar-burning, and that's the last thing I want. This most recent carb flu when I went back down into ketosis was SO BAD. I was craving sugary shit I don't even like. I would rather not go through that again.
    Last edited by Gravyboat; 07-21-2012 at 09:38 AM.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12