Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to avoid beer when... page 2

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've never had any good gluten free beer, though I've seen a couple of new brands here, and I'm in Portland Oregon for the summer so if anywhere has a good version it should be here.
    Also I don't really think beer has all THAT much gluten in it, especially if you avoid weissens. Which are terrible anyhow.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    My partner & I brew beer, mead, cider & wine and it's been tough cutting back on the barley-juice. I mostly drink red wine now, and when I crack a homie I can feel the carbs like an allergic reaction. She has a diff metabolism and doesn't have an issue with beer though I grab a few drinks from hers, then have my wine.

I still plan to brew though, just moderate a bit. Save it for weekends (and tequila) and in smaller quantities.
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

Gimp56 is offline Junior Member
    so, why is there a coors box on your floor?

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    I'll be drinking beer this weekend. I have a wedding reception.

Beer is one of those things to enjoy in moderation. I'll be damned if I ever stoop to gluten free beer. Hell, there are celiacs out there that can drink beer. The fermentation process is pretty effective at degrading the bad stuff and amplifying the bioavailability of antioxidants. Mark writes about it here:

Definitive Guide to Alcohol on a Low Carb Diet | Mark's Daily Apple

It's all about "carbs" so the context is pretty stupid IMO as carbs aren't the issue here, but you should cut consumption and save it for pleasurable times. A couple beers on the weekend might be okay if it fits into your body composition goals. It doesn't look like you have much fat to lose for sure.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    I've never had any good gluten free beer, though I've seen a couple of new brands here, and I'm in Portland Oregon for the summer so if anywhere has a good version it should be here.
    Also I don't really think beer has all THAT much gluten in it, especially if you avoid weissens. Which are terrible anyhow.
    Yeah. Don't much care for weissens except Dogfish's Festina Peche a Berliner Weisse style. I love it's sour peachy taste. Very refreshing in summer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12