Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kimchee- What do I do with it? page 3

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for the ideas.

I don't think my kimchee has MSG. This guy makes pickles and stuff by fermentation, but I'll ask.

The bananas, and sweetpotatoes and kimchee sounds bad enough that is probably completely addictive and delish and hits sweet/sour/savory. Looking forward to trying that!

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    When I went to Korea a few years ago, I think I was the only person in our group that gained weight eating Korean food all the time (but I was pretty skinny at the time, so it didn't hurt). I love love love it. But then, I eat my way through every country I visit.
    Me too. I'm a food tourist 1st, sites & culture after I've eaten an early morning, local breakfast in some alley. I actually gain weight, some, in Thailand from the gorging, lol. I went/spent some time in Korea a few times, but it was a Korean neighbor from about 20 yrs ago who taught me how to make real kimchi, by burying it in the back yard in an airtight crock.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Our most recent major overseas trip was to India in 2010, and I think I was saved by all the walking, both with my backpack when we were travelling and then walking through archaeological sites and other historic stuff. Oh, and some hiking in the western Himalaya region.

Last year, my international trips were to Tulum and Merida (Mexico) and NYC. In Mexico I spent so much time in the water and exploring Mayan ruins that I burned off pretty much everything I ate, and then in NY I wasn't really doing the food tourist thing since the foods I think of as classically New York are off-limits for a celiac, although my friend I visited in NJ took me to a classic NJ Italian restaurant that served gluten-free options.

I think we need a food tourism thread!
    If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive. --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

islandwahine is offline Member
    I love to eat it with shrimp, cucumbers, onion and tomatoes. Toss is all together, chill it then enjoy. It's like a "poke" bowl but instead of raw tuna you have cooked shrimp. When I crave something spicy this is my go to dish.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Kimchee is excellent when mixed with ground beef and egg to create a meatloaf or burger patties, just drizzle dabs of sriracha on top to finish and for burgers, garnish with a bit of cilantro and thinly sliced cucumber!

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    Kimchee is excellent when mixed with ground beef and egg to create a meatloaf or burger patties, just drizzle dabs of sriracha on top to finish and for burgers, garnish with a bit of cilantro and thinly sliced cucumber!

Will try the kimchi meatloaf, thanks. My 1st batches of 2 kimchis ought to be ready any day now. Ok, maybe 4-5 days, am really antsy to dive in.... Ha!

kingsattino is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    A way a only a last a liked a lengthy the ... riverrun, previous Eve and Adam's .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123