Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Deep nutrition" page 2

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Essentially all those complaints are about your tastes, which aren't really a measure of anything.

The book is a tremendous achievement that has had a ton of work put into it and that reflects many years of experience working with all sorts of different patients by a lady who's a qualified medical doctor as well as having studied biochemistry at a prestigious and difficult to-get-into university.

I wouldn't follow all her recommendations msyelf -- I don't touch cereal grains, for example -- but with her background and experience she has a lot more credibility than I.
    So you essentially agree with my original statement?

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    If I had to recommend just three books to read on healthy living it would be hers along with Wolf and Sisson. I am very impressed by her knowledge and intellect. And even though he really hasn't published, Chris Kresser is right up there also.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    So you essentially agree with my original statement?
    No.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moochy View Post
    If I had to recommend just three books to read on healthy living it would be hers along with Wolf and Sisson. I am very impressed by her knowledge and intellect. And even though he really hasn't published, Chris Kresser is right up there also.
    I can take or leave Chris Kresser, but sure Dr. Cate's book is about as good as anything out there. There aren't many books coming out of the movement from someone who's not only been a practising MD for many years but has been in Cornell's Molecular Biology Program. The book has an original approach, too. The discussion on phi and Marquardt masks, the detailed chapter on fats, the "Four Pillars". Top class stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12