Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: PUFA so bad? page 8

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Same website, study is from my Alma Mater, Appalachian State U, in Boone NC, Woot!!

I do like chia seeds, & as they are "oil seeds" that need not be soaked or sprouted to access their nutrition... This is according to my lengthly phone conversation w/ one of the world's leading research scientist of the chia seed, Dr. Wayne Coates.
    He's published many studies.

Btw, Choco, regular consumption of chia seeds DOES DECREASE INFLAMMATION in real live humans, with ample research & personal testimonials that back that statement up... Chia Seeds May Exert Cardioprotective Effects | Worldhealth.net Anti-Aging News
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    This paper reviews the research (including plenty of controlled studies) nicely

Omega-6 Fatty Acids and Risk for Cardiovascular Disease

silas is offline Member
    Saturated fat good then bad, omega 6 good then bad...etc.

Carbs no carbs. perhaps simple a closest to natural diet,skip man made stuff and moderation all????

one can argue all day on lectin,saponins,sugars,fats<toxins in fat i.e lean meat argument...point being that are we all snakes swallowing our tails?? what if the negative things have benefit to our bodies, some of the most powerful medicine are made from poisons.

To add balance to the PUFA hating we are enjoying here is a interesting link.

http://www.ajcn.org/content/early/2012/ ... 2.abstract

CVD, Saturated Fat, and Atherosclerosis: What is the Paleo Argument? - PaleoHacks.com ... z1vLbVM7dd

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678