Sprouted Buckwheat Flakes
1. Soak raw buckwheat groats overnight, rinse very well in the morning. Then rinse again.
2. Sprout groats. Just put them in a colander, rinse twice throughout the day, cover.
3. Grind up groats with some water, an egg, and brown sugar if you want.
4. Spread pancake like batter really thin on parchment paper.
5. Bake at 300 degrees for 20 min or so, then remove and break up.
For the freaks: No gluten, sprouting increases vitamin E, A, and C. Good source of bioavailable magnesium. Limited phytic acid because of sprouting. Add goat milk (no casomorphins), add fruit. I'm not afraid of carbs, nor am I afraid of nominal phytic acid.
I went a step further & whey lacto-fermented the mixture overnight by leaving it covered, on my counter. Made pancakes the next morning. I may just try your baked chip version IF I do another buckwheat experiment. Buckwheat is a traditional fall/winter food in my mind (as it's warming)
that's cool! that's also an awful lot of work...
I've made plenty of fermented pizza crusts and waffles. Good stuff. With wheat, fermenting breaks down gluten exorphins, but with buckwheat, no concerns there.
Originally Posted by Betorq
It is, I admit that. But I sit at home with my 1 year old three days a week, so what else am I going to do?
Originally Posted by jakey
Dehydrator would make it easier.