Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: non animal sources of protein page 2

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    or are you eating mountains of it?

i know eggs come from an animal, but i find them very easy to eat. it's been awfully hot for meat these last few days.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    If you're a primal eater and are fat-adapted, then too much sugar/starch can give you diarrhea and too much fiber can make you constipated. Perhaps you are sensitive to some kind of additive in the meat you have been eating? I've never heard of someone being allergic to organic beef for example. Or it's psychological aversion - did you used to be vegetarian/vegan?

I've heard of some people eating a SAD diet who can't handle a lot of fat at once, maybe it just takes time for your stomach to adjust the amount of bile needed to digest it.

I'm doing the GAPS diet which is similar to primal but starts off with a stage of very low carb and mainly meat and broth. Believe me, cooked meat is the easiest thing to digest. I wouldn't be eating so much of it if it weren't!
    Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
    Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
    Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
    Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    How is meat "a lot on your digestive system"? My own digestive system seems to work best when given a lovely piece of meat and not too much else. If you'd be more specific we might be able to help more.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    I use a big bowl of fat free greek yogurt topped with a few scoops of full-fat goats yogurt. Higher protein content and more volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    which ones? I get a discount with DoTerra, so I'd love to know which ones to help maintain my weight & blood sugar through pregnancy. I already take a cinnamon, grapefruit, lemon, peppermint, ginger blend.
    Be very cautious with herbal products and essential oils during pregnancy. Many of them have detrimental effects. Do some major research.
    Liz in Cleveland

Started Primal 7/17/12
    5'9"
    SW: 227.2
    CW: 213.6
    GW: 175

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12